Acoustic Research Classic 26 Problem

J

John Sweeney1

Audiophyte
Help Seth!!!!
I'm an old tinker with Acoustic Research questions having read Seth's posting of the AR 26 document.

Trying to get it to talk to a Marantz 6100 which I repaired including new RCA plug setup.
However my AR 26s questions are the following:
the four speaker lugs..... are the top two the woofer connects and the bottom two tweeter connects????

Also, one has one wire per lug.... the other has a loosey goosey connect with no wire when I pop the cover off (one connection has two wires going to it. The other speaker has one wire per connection.... I can attach pics later if necessary.
What don't I know?????

Hoping for help since no sweet sounds yet,
John Sweeney1
johnsweeney1@gmail.com

J

John Sweeney1

Audiophyte
Backup to earlier post
Help, Seth or any kind expert.
I'm an old tinker with Acoustic Research questions having read Seth's posting of the AR 26 document.

Trying to get it to talk to a Marantz 6100 TT which I repaired including new RCA plug and wiring replacement/resolder..

However my AR 26s questions are the following:
The four speaker terminals?..... are the top two the woofer connects and the bottom two tweeter connects????

Also, one speaker has ONE wire per terminal. The other speaker had one loosey goosey terminal post with no wire or nut. Another terminal has two wires going to it. The other two terminals have one wire each. AR26small.jpg
What don't I know?????

Hoping for help since no sweet sounds yet,
John Sweeney1
johnsweeney1@gmail.com

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis