Accessories4less now has Polk

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Do you not like the Polk M70 series?
KEW, like them? For what I paid for them new 169.00 each new good value speaker. At a higher volume level sound stage will collapse and they do distort. They have a cheap tweeter in them build is good for its price point. I do use a Sub. Front grills on them will vibrating make noise at higher volumes. Yes they are pushed in good just a flimsy grill on them. But hey what can one expect 169 bucks?. It's like when you don't have ribeye steak and all you have is bologna? When you bite into that bologna sandwich the taste just isn't steak know what I mean? just an analogy it is. Now going back and stare at a pair of Martin Logan 60's and drool. I asked about the Cantons cause will the GLE 496's at 319.00 each I have done some research on Cantons even their low-end speakers to me? would even smoke Polks TSI A9'S. Let's face it, pull out one of those 6.5" driver's from one of those M70's look at the 10 buck tweeter and one will find out quick why they sell them at 169.00 bucks. Hope I can get 150.00 for the pair when I do sell them off soon.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
KEW, like them?
If you are asking me about Polk M70, I know nothing about them (and based on the opinions voiced here, have no interest in knowing anything about them, lol!).
I kind of feel like you are attributing Derick Remmick's question to me!?

For what I paid for them new 169.00 each new good value speaker. At a higher volume level sound stage will collapse and they do distort. They have a cheap tweeter in them build is good for its price point. I do use a Sub. Front grills on them will vibrating make noise at higher volumes. Yes they are pushed in good just a flimsy grill on them. But hey what can one expect 169 bucks?. It's like when you don't have ribeye steak and all you have is bologna? When you bite into that bologna sandwich the taste just isn't steak know what I mean? just an analogy it is. Now going back and stare at a pair of Martin Logan 60's and drool. I asked about the Cantons cause will the GLE 496's at 319.00 each I have done some research on Cantons even their low-end speakers to me? would even smoke Polks TSI A9'S. Let's face it, pull out one of those 6.5" driver's from one of those M70's look at the 10 buck tweeter and one will find out quick why they sell them at 169.00 bucks. Hope I can get 150.00 for the pair when I do sell them off soon.
Based on this, I'm sure you would be happy with the GLE 496's; however, I really think you should consider the Canton Vento 820.2. It is a speaker I could easily live with It is on par with my Paradigm Signature S-2's. They don't sound the same, but I could not pick a winner between the two!

I tried to PM you with some more info, but could not. Do you have something in your profile turned off?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
o_O LMAO. Let's just say when we're talking about the Monitor series, selling them is the best recommendation.
Disagree. For less than $500 a pair on Newegg, the M70s are a great speaker. I used to have a 5.0 monitor series setup back when I was younger with M70s and a cs20 in the front, and even without a sub, the dynamics were impressive. For the price, they're hard to beat.

Sent from my LM-X210(G) using Tapatalk

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Disagree. For less than $500 a pair on Newegg, the M70s are a great speaker. I used to have a 5.0 monitor series setup back when I was younger with M70s and a cs20 in the front, and even without a sub, the dynamics were impressive. For the price, they're hard to beat.

As always, depends on what you're comparing to. If you have nothing to compare to, then anything sounds great. I listened to them in two different shops and just wasn't impressed with the build quality or the sound.

I have a pair of Polk RTi A3s with a CSi A6 center, and I'm pleased with them.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/polk-audio-rtiii-a3-loudspeaker
I reviewed the A3 and actually found it to be a pretty good speaker.

Last edited:
psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
They have good bass for such a small woofer. With some recordings, they sound a little exaggerated. For the most part a damn good speaker.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I owned 3 pairs of LSis and I'd listen to them and they never really got me all excited, like I WANTED to listen more. They were good, just not WOW. You know, the "Wow! listen to that" or "I don't remember hearing that detail on other speakers" sort of moments. So I didn't miss them when they went.

The LSiMs on the other hand, I did enjoy listening to.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
They have good bass for such a small woofer. With some recordings, they sound a little exaggerated. For the most part a damn good speaker.
They definitely are voiced warm, which I believe was an attempt to directly compete with the B&W 6 series, which had a similar hump.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
If you are asking me about Polk M70, I know nothing about them (and based on the opinions voiced here, have no interest in knowing anything about them, lol!).
I kind of feel like you are attributing Derick Remmick's question to me!?

Based on this, I'm sure you would be happy with the GLE 496's; however, I really think you should consider the Canton Vento 820.2. It is a speaker I could easily live with It is on par with my Paradigm Signature S-2's. They don't sound the same, but I could not pick a winner between the two!

I tried to PM you with some more info, but could not. Do you have something in your profile turned off?
@KEW, Didn't mean no disrespect Sir, with your post about the M70's. What I do know is your very knowledgeable with speaker's your most definitely one of the ole timers I follow have read a lot of your post and threads and I do value your advice about audio/video gear for sure. For the money paid on the M70's I have now yeah good value for sure. But let's face it they are not even mid high-end. These are my 2nd pair and they are a good vaule. Polks customer service is outstanding have used their service for decades and they have never let me down. Oh going check my setting on my profile. Thanks KEW, for letting me know.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
@KEW, Didn't mean no disrespect Sir, with your post about the M70's. What I do know is your very knowledgeable with speaker's your most definitely one of the ole timers I follow have read a lot of your post and threads and I do value your advice about audio/video gear for sure. For the money paid on the M70's I have now yeah good value for sure. But let's face it they are not even mid high-end. These are my 2nd pair and they are a good vaule. Polks customer service is outstanding have used their service for decades and they have never let me down. Oh going check my setting on my profile. Thanks KEW, for letting me know.
Thank you for your kind words, but stick around here and you will realize that there are many others with far more knowledge than I have!

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
As always, depends on what you're comparing to. If you have nothing to compare to, then anything sounds great. I listened to them in two different shops and just wasn't impressed with the build quality or the sound.

I suppose I'd be comparing them to similarly priced speakers. At $179/ea or less on sale, it's pretty much the only speaker of that magnitude for the price.

If one has a bit more money to spend, any of the Klipsch Reference (new icon) towers are vastly superior though. I'm they're hard to beat when on sale.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis