Accessories 4 Less sale

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
LOL free like free shipping?
You mean because it's always factored into the retail one way or another? I know they don't offer that 3 year/extended/whatever it is with everyhing and charge extra for it with some purchases. I think it's like $75. I wouldn't pay for that, but if a unit is at a reduced retail already and they toss in the warranty for no extra to sweeten the pot..? I paid $899 for my SR6011 and got the same warranty. No hidden charges or anything. Just had to register it and use a code.

Now as to how good it is I have no idea because I never had to use it.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You mean because it's always factored into the retail one way or another? I know they don't offer that 3 year/extended/whatever it is with everyhing and charge extra for it with some purchases. I think it's like $75. I wouldn't pay for that, but if a unit is at a reduced retail already and they toss in the warranty for no extra to sweeten the pot..? I paid $899 for my SR6011 and got the same warranty. No hidden charges or anything. Just had to register it and use a code.

Now as to how good it is I have no idea because I never had to use it.
Yeah, there's no free lunch type thing. I read one of those extended warranties a long time ago, and while better than nothing, they further they get into the timeline, the less they do for you. I should probably read another one but not exactly what I look forward to doing :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yeah, there's no free lunch type thing. I read one of those extended warranties a long time ago, and while better than nothing, they further they get into the timeline, the less they do for you. I should probably read another one but not exactly what I look forward to doing :)
Ah yeah, I didn't read through the particulars or fine print so I don't know how they handle things. Fortunately I didn't need to. Still using that SR6011 5 years later! Hopefully it'll be used for at least another 5. Right now there is zero reason for me to update anything. I'm not an early adopter and I think 4k/hdr and atmos capability is more than I need already, let alone 8k. I'm only 5.1 (for now) and I think my 1080p BDs look just as good as my 4k ones from where I sit.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis