Absurd electronic music genres that I enjoy...

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Going back to vaporwave, here is an ode to the stock music used on weather stations in the 80's and 90's:
I guess you can make anything hip by making it sound deliberately low-fi.

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai

Ambient/Drone/Atmospherics by the master of Ambient/Drone/Atmospherics, Lustmord

John Parks

John Parks

Audioholic Samurai
Spooky old-timey music:
I don't even know what this stuff is called, so I just called it "spooky old-timey music". I don't think there is very many people doing this at all aside from an artist who calls himself 'The Caretaker'. It samples and loops very old recordings and then throws in some room reverb. I am guessing this music was inspired primarily by 'The Shining', the 1980 horror film, given the name of the artist. It is quite eerie if listened to for prolonged times. I think it is supposed to suggest a haunted place or even a state of mind of elderly dementia. This stuff is strangely mesmerizing. This is bizarre stuff but somehow I like it. Here is what must be the prime example:
This is totally creepy and cool! I does sound like I am at my computer and the Overlook is worming its way into my subconscious - "All work and no play make Jack a dull boy" or is it "No TV and no beer make Homer go crazy"?
1533487880579.png

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Ambient/Drone/Atmospherics by the master of Ambient/Drone/Atmospherics, Lustmord
I do have some Lustmord albums. Good stuff if you like a nice, dark soundscape. Great bass textures. This type of music has become somewhat popular in recent years, or at least more popular than you would think that dark, ambient soundscapes would ever be.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis