About to wire my house

N

nickelec

Audiophyte
Hey guys maybe I can get some answers here, so I'm a licensed electrician currently roughing in my own home . I want to do an audio system through out nothing really to crazy
I probably will end up with about 8-10 speakers I was thinking either Yamahas or polk audio.
I'm thinking one zone I can't ever seeing myself playing different songs in different areas etc
I would like to have volume control in my master
And first floor separate my first floor would consist of kitchen living dining room open concept
I also would like to have a keypad in my master and somewhere on the first floor..
So my questions are as follows
What type of system would u suggest I was looking st Niles,sonos

Can the keypad actually control volume in each room if so I would assume that the speakers I want to be controlled would have to be looped in together

To make life easier should I just run all speakers independently to one location where I plan on putting the amp.and a cat 6 to where I would like to put volume control/keypad?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
I can tell you how I do it and maybe this works for you maybe it doesnt. My house is also an open concept house, so any speakers on are pretty much hearable from everywhere else. So I have all mine wired back to the same equipment closet and going to the same receiver which is hooked up to my living room TV. This does a couple of things, keeps everything clean and organized and gives you flexibility as far as whats on and whats not.

As far a volume, I just use an rf remote that works from anywhere in the house or controlled by my cell phone. Its simple and works just fine for me, even the outdoor speakers. If I want to play music, I stream it from my fire tv.

carlthess40

carlthess40

Audioholic
Sonos makes great amps. They are not any light weight amps. They have great power supply’s and are better the Niles. I’ve owned both brands , don’t let the small power (watts) fool you on the Sonos
And they make great keypads for controls that last for years

ARES24

ARES24

Full Audioholic
I researched this idea a while ago when I started putting speakers around my house. I went with what was (at the time) a cheaper option. I use simple lepy amps and an old receiver that has direct channel inputs to drive the speakers and then chromecast audios for each room I want to control. Now I simply cast from my phone (or anyone's phone) or have google play it for me via my google home speakers.
I have some of the chromecasts in speaker groups for when I want to broadcast to the entire main floor for example
I use it almost exclusively for internet radio but chromecasts can do many things.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis