A_ffordable receiver with preouts plural.

G

GilligansWorld

Enthusiast
I have been curious about emotiva's basX A-300 for awhile - have a pair of CV SL15's and want to hear/feel them move

Suggestions for this with home theatre applications as well as gaming.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
What are you exactly asking? Are you looking for a receiver how many channels do you need

G

GilligansWorld

Enthusiast
What are you exactly asking? Are you looking for a receiver how many channels do you need
No I'm asking about an affordable receiver that has at least two pre-outs - the basX a300 seems like a deal at $400 but I'm not sure I want to invest in it before I test a receiver - my cerwin Vega speakers are definitely not audio file but I think if I throw enough power at them....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
There are a coupla slimline Marantz avrs that only have preouts for L/R and subs but generally you'll get a full set of preouts (which in the long run could well be more useful, too) if the unit has them. Budget?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Look at Accessories4Less. They sell factory refurbished or rebuilt amps and receivers at lower prices. They often come with a factory warranty.

Look at the panel on the left side of that web page. You can search for a variety of features, including Multi-Channel Preouts. Here's a list of some 20 different AVRs with Multi-Channel Preouts.

G

GilligansWorld

Enthusiast
Look at Accessories4Less. They sell factory refurbished or rebuilt amps and receivers at lower prices. They often come with a factory warranty.

Look at the panel on the left side of that web page. You can search for a variety of features, including Multi-Channel Preouts. Here's a list of some 20 different AVRs with Multi-Channel Preouts.
Thanks!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I wouldn't call them "rebuilt" for refurb sales....not generally worth the expense to rebuild in terms of labor or parts costs if it needs extensive repair I would think. More likely something that was simply returned for various reasons and lightly checked by the manufacturer's designated contractor for functionality before being resold is more how it works IME....and keep an eye on warranty and terms of sale at A4L (accessories4less), they have restrictions. I still shop there, just keep in mind it has some differences in terms of risk....

G

GilligansWorld

Enthusiast
That's not going to help. I would save your money on the amp and just get a nice receiver those speakers are very easy to drive
I think I need some headroom - they seem to be pretty hungry with the Onkyo I have it connected to now - The speakers clip above about a 50% level on onkyo

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What Onkyo do you have now? 50% usually doesn't translate well on an avr's volume dial....it's logarithmic, not linear.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis