A thought on receivers I'm having

D

Dieago

Audioholic Intern
I'm in the market wanting a new up to date receiver But with the shortage I'm thinking what would the quality of sound be if I bought a lower 500.00 unit and put more investment into a higher quality 5 channel amp to go with it? Downgrading to 5.1 and Atmos? Thoughts?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The avr may limit the the audio and/or video codecs it can handle, but an external amp is not likely going to make a difference unless you're exceeding the capabilities of the avr's amps. Personally I'm still waiting for 4k/Atmos to be attractive enough to make the change myself. I have two 5 ch and two 7ch setups otherwise....

D

Dieago

Audioholic Intern
Same here every time I upgrade my old speakers and receiver moves to my shop and the shop equipment goes to a garage sale or give away. The thing that blows me away is my old Yamaha from IDK late 90's in my shop is covered in dust and just keeps on going and the speakers are crazy dirty. But I am growing very impatient waiting for availability.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Same here every time I upgrade my old speakers and receiver moves to my shop and the shop equipment goes to a garage sale or give away. The thing that blows me away is my old Yamaha from IDK late 90's in my shop is covered in dust and just keeps on going and the speakers are crazy dirty. But I am growing very impatient waiting for availability.
So what are the current setups? Just keep using them for the time being shouldn't be horrible if they were decent to begin with....

D

Dieago

Audioholic Intern
Pioneer Elite VSX-84 140w in 7.2. Bowers center and as you know newly built GR Research L&R which sound oh so good and SVS prime surrounds . two 10'' subs I built with amps from Dayton
Streaming thru a Nvidia shield and a HT Desktop I built 5 years ago. Probably not missing too much But I want Atmos

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have you already done the speaker installs in the ceiling? That could chew up some time while things sort out....

D

Dieago

Audioholic Intern
No That wont take me a hour or less Heck I installed my central heat and air myself in two days cut and installed all 8 boots and grills in ceiling in 2 - 3 hrs I do have the speakers though I bought 5 8'' a few years back. I put two in kitchen and one in bathroom. This house was built in 1903 and the ceilings are all wood 1x4's tongue n grove with fake bead board paneling so it takes a real saw not a keyhole saw like sheetrock

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis