A step change from the HK 3270 for less than 2K$?

R

RichardHIFI

Audiophyte
In the last 6 months, I have bought a pair of Klipsch RF-25 and a Arcam CD73 player.

Each time, its been a significant step forward for less than 2K$ in total.

The last 'link of the chain' is my Harman-Kardon HK 3270 receiver which I am very satisfy of.

Can I experience another step change with an integrated amplifier (keeping the HK as the tuner) without spending more than 2K$?

I am trying to determine if my receiver is now a 'weak link' with my new player and speakers?

N

Nick250

Audioholic Samurai
RichardHIFI said:
In the last 6 months, I have bought a pair of Klipsch RF-25 and a Arcam CD73 player.

Each time, its been a significant step forward for less than 2K$ in total.

The last 'link of the chain' is my Harman-Kardon HK 3270 receiver which I am very satisfy of.

Can I experience another step change with an integrated amplifier (keeping the HK as the tuner) without spending more than 2K$?

I am trying to determine if my receiver is now a 'weak link' with my new player and speakers?
Others may disagree, but your 3270 is not a weak link at all. With the efficency of the Klipsh speakers I doubt you could tell the difference in a blind test between the HK3270 alone or with an external amp. You are not close to taxing the capabilities of the 3270 as it is so there is nothing to be improved upon IMO. Remember, speaker choice and room acoustics account for 95% of what you hear, everything else makes up the other 5%.

Last edited:
anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
I agree with Nick he nails it bigtime. Room acoustics are everything. I have so far spent 200 in room treatments. It was the best money I have ever spent on my system. Hands down with out a doubt. It makes you really re consider how much you need to spend to get something stellar. You have a great system dont change a thing.

I like the CD player big time though. Its on my very shortl list of players to replace my ailing NAD.

Cheers

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis