A Sound of Thunder - Best bad movie ever?

M

Methost

Full Audioholic
Has anyone seen this flaming turd of a movie? It was sooooo bad that I laughed through all 101 minutes and found that when it was over, I actually had a good time. From what I understand, the production company making this stinker went belly up and the studio released it with all of it's FX mock ups rather then what was supposed to be. The T-rex looks kinda like Rex from Toy Story.

Please tell me someone has seen this piece of crap.

I have to give it a thumbs up for entertainment, but if you are not in to bad special effects and campy movies ... stay away.

Oh, kudos to Ben Kingsly in this. He does his best to save the un-savable.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

Yes, it was truly a steaming pile. What a sad waste of some very talented actors (particularly Kinglsey, Burns and McCormack). The effects were worse than you'd expect in a Sci-Fi Channel original, which is saying something.:p

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Rob Babcock said:
The effects were worse than you'd expect in a Sci-Fi Channel original, which is saying something.:p
I thought it was a Sci-Fi channel original.

dobyblue

dobyblue

Senior Audioholic
I heard they had the opportunity of either having good FX or getting Ben Kingsley.
Do you think if that's the case that they made the right move?

M

Methost

Full Audioholic
dobyblue said:
I heard they had the opportunity of either having good FX or getting Ben Kingsley.
Do you think if that's the case that they made the right move?
Hehe .. no way. Kingsley was great in this movie, but it wasn't a huge part. It could have been played by someone else.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I think the best stinker of a Sci-Film has got to be Space Truckers. I remember watching that during my college days with one of my best films. The film was so bad, I laughed so hard.

I guess that and the six pack of beer we both were drinking helped the film out.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis