A quick intro and a speaker question

E

Erod

Audioholic
New here as a member, but certainly not as a reader of this site. Longtime youtube watcher of Audioholics and visitor to this great website and forum, and a two-decade member of that other forum that I enjoy, but gets too caught up in brand and model specific threads rather than topical information like this forum. Why did I join just now? Lazy. I got nothing in terms of a good excuse.

Fair warning, I'm a serious but casual enthusiast who lacks the technical chops to hang with you rocket launchers. I'll try to stay in my lane.

For reference, dedicated theater room, Anthem AVM60 with Anthem MCA525 and a B&K reference 125.7 amps. Two SVS PC-Plus subwoofers. Jamo 626k4 fronts, center, and rear inwalls with 631k4 sides and DefTec di6.5r heights.

Those Jamos surprise people, and they've done great for a decade-plus, but I'm looking to upgrade. Hence, the recent purchase of the MCA525. Because I like my Stewart ST130 screen so incredibly much, I don't think I'll be changing to an AT screen anytime soon, but I want to get a standalone center channel up as close to the bottom of that screen as possible. Bigger L/R in-walls will bring those tweeters down a bit so that they're about 2 feet from being "in line" with the center channel tweeter. Better, perhaps, if not ideal.

Considering Triad, JBL, and KEF, probably in that order.

My question is, the L/R speakers won't be toed in, and are really close to the side wall, so which of these three do you think will best handle those conditions? I use two-inch absorption panels to address that and it works well with the Jamos. Is there a type of tweeter that best handles that condition, or does it even matter?

I realize this sounds like a "brand and model thread" like I referenced earlier, but I'm more interested in application as it relates to my room.

I can't demo speakers to create these conditions, so your thoughts are much appreciated. See attached photo.

Attachments

Last edited:
B

bigkrazy155

Audioholic
Welcome! I'm not sure what you are using to post (i.e. a PC or mobile),but pics can be easily resized in Microsoft Paint, there's a resize function on the toolbar. Also, the JBL 520C is on sale this week (again) for whatever that's worth to you. I'll let the rocket launchers take it from here :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Heck I'm not even sure what the question is. Resizing as said is easy on a pc. Just right click and edit then resize....

E

Erod

Audioholic
Heck I'm not even sure what the question is. Resizing as said is easy on a pc. Just right click and edit then resize....
Given the close-to-the-wall position of those L/R in wall speakers, I want to use the best speakers with the most suited tweeter design for those conditions. Hard to demo them in my settings. Triad, JBL, and KEF are up for consideration; don't know if a folded tweeter in another product might be even better.

Picture posted.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis