X

xavier

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>I have a pair of speakers that are quite old now. Both woofers are very damaged and i want to change them. The speakers has a nominal impedance of 4 ohms and can handle a nominal power of 175 and peak of 250. the drivers are about 10-11&quot; and i am looking for a pair of good bass drivers for my loudspeakers. If anyone knows of a good woofer please tell me.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>If you wanted to replace the woofers with originals you could search for them on ebay. &nbsp;There are a variety of vintage speakers on ebay. If you don't find exactly what you are looking for right away dont give up. &nbsp;Search again the next week and something new may turn up. &nbsp;Although you could very well replace the woofers it is better to replace with the originals as they will be better integrated with the cabinet and other speakers in the box. &nbsp;If you decide to go the route of new woofers try to find woofers with similar characteristics to the originals. &nbsp;Things like resonant frequency, frequency response, Q, impedance, sensitivity and others are important so as to ensure that the new woofers work well in the speaker.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
X

xavier

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>The brand of the speakers is revox, but the woofer has a sticker of the brand Studer they are kind of old so i dont think they can be replaced i will look for new ones, different ones. Ive looked in ebay and i have seen some that i like but i dont know if they are in a good state or damaged or what so i searched in places like woofers.com and madisound.com</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis