A masterpiece released on YouTube today

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
A complete performance of Alma Deutscher's violin concerto in G minor was released a few hours ago for the first time. The performance took place in Vienna. This is the revised version from 2017. She first composed and presented the work in 2014 age 9. This is the first time the whole work can be enjoyed outside the concert hall. This is a great work and I think deserves the status of a masterpiece. These lovely themes stay with you and won't go away. You all deserve to give this a listen. We have not had a composer/performer of this caliber for a very long time. It puts her in the tradition, of Bach, Handel, Mozart, Beethoven, etc.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

She has been invited to give a recital at this years prestigious Lucerne Festival. She has just composed this beautiful song to include. There it will be performed by a professional singer, but I'm sure Alma will prepare the singer and play the piano part.

These are really exciting times.

NorseMythology

NorseMythology

Junior Audioholic
I wonder how this influences a child's mind, being able to enjoy and play classical music?

I feel like pop music is 'stupid' or dumbs one down, it also aeems like classical can elevate a person.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I wonder how this influences a child's mind, being able to enjoy and play classical music?

I feel like pop music is 'stupid' or dumbs one down, it also aeems like classical can elevate a person.
It is not just that she plays the music, but wrote these beautifully crafted and orchestrated compositions.

She has just turned 13, and this is a list of her published works.

• Sonata in E-flat for piano, aged 6[72]
  • Andante for Violin, aged 6[73]
  • Rondino (trio) in E♭ for violin, viola and piano, aged 7[65]
  • The Sweeper of Dreams (opera), aged 7[74]
  • Quartet movement in A major, aged 7[75]
  • Sonata for viola and piano in C minor (1st movement), aged 8[76]
  • Quartet movement in G major, Rondo, aged 8[77]
  • "The Night Before Christmas", song to words by C. Moore, aged 8[78]
  • Sonata for violin and piano (1st movement), aged 8[79]
  • Trio for violin, viola, and piano, aged 9[80]
  • Concerto for violin and orchestra in G, aged 9, revised aged 12[1]
  • Dance of the Solent Mermaids, for symphony orchestra, aged 9[81]
  • Cinderella, a full-length opera, aged 8-12 [17]
  • Piano Concerto in E-flat major, aged 10-12[82]
  • Near the beloved, a song to words by Goethe, aged 13[83]
Now her opera composed over four years is a two and a half hour opera in four acts. There is a full orchestra, lots of soloists with complex vocal ensemble that are in complexity beyond even some of the greatest composers. There is a full opera chorus and an opera ballet. The work contains a lot of music of extraordinary sensitivity. The fact that a child would have enough motivation to do that amount of work totally blows my mind.

Currently she is writing a novel. She is also composing her first symphony. She has also put it about, that she is open to writing a movie score.

I urge you all to listen to that violin concerto. It will affect you.

The late composer John Tavener music should not need explanation, it should just move you. This young lady's music does just that.

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
I listened to about half of it (had to go to bed) it is very good and impressive. I will listen in its entirety later.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

I listened to about half of it (had to go to bed) it is very good and impressive. I will listen in its entirety later.
Yes, it is all of that. Sir Simon Rattle calls her a "Force of Nature". I think that about covers it.

If you have the time you might like to watch this to get some insight into her creative process.

Forsooth

Forsooth

Audioholic
Wow, that is crazy incredible!! Move over Hillary Hahn and Anne-Sophie Mutter and, well, just about everybody else, too!.:)

Maybe this old world will turn out OK after all...

Last edited:
TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
Strings (struck, strummed or bowed) are one instrument I think I will always prefer hearing on RAAL 70-10's, even to beryllium!

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I watched it last night and it was good. There were some times during the first 2 songs/acts, whatever the split was in the presentation, where I thought "good but still has some room to grow and improve".

But.....that 3rd piece was simply amazing and I absolutely agree that she is and will be one of the masters of the art!

She has one of these characteristics that I see time and again with excellent musicians. It's almost like she is channeling something through her and into the music! The mannerisms, body language, and facial expressions while she is playing says just as much as the music does. Just a complete natural, like it's something that she is just the media to get it out!

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

60 minutes had a special about her She is absolutely brilliant!!

Mike
The one hour BBC documentary I posted is even more interesting. Of particular interest is seeing her in rehearsal interacting with other musicians. She notices everything. Her self confidence is astonishing. Sir Simon Rattle's comments and observations I find particularly insightful.

TechHDS

Audioholic General
The one hour BBC documentary I posted is even more interesting. Of particular interest is seeing her in rehearsal interacting with other musicians. She notices everything. Her self confidence is astonishing. Sir Simon Rattle's comments and observations I find particularly insightful.
TLS Guy, She is absolutely adorable! Watching her was amazing!!!. She has world famous composers wanting and working with her. Your right TLS Guy, seeing her interact with other musicians and composers was nothing short of amazing!!

Mike

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis