A History of Violence

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
Shadow_Ferret said:
Oh. My. God. How can a move called "The History of Violence" be so freaking BOOOORING!

Wow. I sat there thinking, "I've got better things to do, like clean the toilet or dust out the cobwebs in the basement."

I turned it off after an hour and did go do something else. Seriously boring movie.
I gotta agree. What a yawner!

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Shadow_Ferret said:
Oh. My. God. How can a move called "The History of Violence" be so freaking BOOOORING!
I would think a movie named "The History of Violence" to be pretty interesting.

I'll watch it if anyone ever makes it.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Ha. Good one. Actually, I'm with you on that, "THE History of Violence" might actually make for a good documentary. "A History of Violence" however turned out to be a pretty sad movie.

L

LCRush

Audioholic Intern
4 1/2 stars out of 5. Kept my interest. The time past so fast while watching it. I think it does what a movie should do...entertain and make you forget the present while watching it. Even the sound was good.

D

df4801

Banned
WOW.
I cant believe so many people liked it.
Very boring to me.
Plot was weak. Story unbelievable.
I almost quit watching in the middle.

I must be getting old.

Tom Andry

Tom Andry

Speaker of the House
Finally got around to seeing this one. Had I known it was Cronenberg, I would have been more prepared for the pace. As it was, I ended up checking my email a couple of times during the movie. Verdict? Liked it, want to see it again. Thought the ending was alright and Viggo did an OK job. You could almost see him change between the two characters/personalities. Another actor may have done a better job with that. The end was fine for me. The only real problem I had with the movie was the trite bully. I understood what he was there for (to show how the son changed because of his dad's actions) but really... you couldn't come up with anything original? Pretty boy sports star that drives a hot rod? Plus, any movie with William Hurt in it drops a star on my scale. While he did a fairly decent job for him, it still sucked. Emote man! Come on, you can do it!

D

dburchet

Audioholic Intern
It has been a while since I have seen this movie. I have to say it is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It the fact that it was extremely boooooring and somewhat predictable.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis