A Great Budget Classical Label

A. Vivaldi

A. Vivaldi

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Harmonia Mundi, one of the finest classical labels, has a new budget line called Classical Express. The recordings found on this label consist of older, out of print Harmonia Mundi originals. I picked up Handel's Water Music, Pergolesi's Stabat Mater, Mozart's Horn Concertos, and Vivaldi's Seven Concertos for $5.99 each! All these recordings have been out of print for a while and they sound awesome. Some of these recordings are reference quality and praised by critics world wide. Handel's Water Music conducted by Nicolas McGegan for example is the best version I've ever heard. Mozart's Horn Concertos with Lowell Greer on the baroque horn is simply stunning. Vivaldi's Recorder Concertos, containing the beautiful &quot;La Pastorella&quot; and Sonata in A minor, are suprisingly under recorded and hard to find. The only other version of these recordings I know of is on the Helios label. They are some of the best of Vivaldi's concertos. Pergolesi's Stabat Mater conducted by Rene Jacobs, is the only version I know of that uses a boy soprano. It is also the best sounding version that I've heard. I continue to be amazed by Harmonia Mundis beautiful, natural sounding tone, and they are the standard by which I judge other classical labels. I'll be picking up some more titles on their new budget label for sure. If your a classical lover, It's the best $5.99 you can spend!  Check out their web site.

www.classicalexpress.com</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>Woohoo! More good cheap classical! Thanks, but fix the link. It seems to be for http://localhost/

Since I host my own site, it was surprising to see my own homepage!</font>

A. Vivaldi

A. Vivaldi

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>The link has been fixed.</font>

Rip Van Woofer

Rip Van Woofer

Audioholic General
<font color='#000000'>&lt;MrBurns&gt;Excellent! Smithers, I have another use for our employee pension fund...&lt;/MrBurns&gt;</font>

E

EdR

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>wow, great... but where are you finding them for $5.99?

They're 7.98+shipping on their website, and Amazon has them for 6.98 +free shipping if your order is over 25 bucks. &nbsp;Wouldn't mind saving a buck.</font>

A. Vivaldi

A. Vivaldi

Audioholic
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
EdR : <font color='#000000'>wow, great... but where are you finding them for $5.99?

They're 7.98+shipping on their website, and Amazon has them for 6.98 +free shipping if your order is over 25 bucks.  Wouldn't mind saving a buck.</font>
<font color='#000000'>I'm getting mine from Borders book stores. Most titles I've looked at are $5.99, but some are $7.99. It doesn't seem to matter how long the disc is or anything. I don't know why there are price differences. Either way it's still a bargain though. These recordings cost $17 to $20 in there original versions!</font>

E

EdR

Audioholic
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
A. Vivaldi : <font color='#000000'>I'm getting mine from Borders book stores. Most titles I've looked at are $5.99, but some are $7.99.</font>
<font color='#000000'>Thanks.. there's a Border's near me, I don't usually think to look there for bargains , so Thanks!</font>

A. Vivaldi

A. Vivaldi

Audioholic
EdR : <font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Quote (A. Vivaldi @ Feb. 24 2004,5:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm getting mine from Borders book stores. Most titles I've looked at are $5.99, but some are $7.99.
Thanks.. there's a Border's near me, I don't usually think to look there for bargains , so Thanks!</font></td></tr></table>
<font color='#000000'>Look in the budget classical bin. They'll probably be mixed up with the Naxos stuff.</font>

E

EdR

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>
A. Vivaldi : Look in the budget classical bin. They'll probably be mixed up with the Naxos stuff.
Yep, bought a handful- they're every bit as good as you say.  Thanks for the tip- Very worthwhile.

I did note something very interesting when listening to the Stabat Mater that I'll comment on up in the Receiver/Amp discussion</font>

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis