• OK

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • Plain crap

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Cool man, very cool. I'd love to hear the RT55i as compared to the RT7. The RT55i is the only other Polk bookshelf i'd consider. How do you like the NR 900? How big are the caps in that babe?

rgriffin25

rgriffin25

Plain Crap?? No wonder no one wants to post pics of their HT. You have a really nice set-up. Some people just don't have a clue! It would be nice if they left a name or a reason why...
Cowards!!!

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Wow! Thanks very much for your kind comments.

Last edited:
howie85

howie85

Full Audioholic
I have never opened up the NR900, It sounded pretty good and adding the amps and bi amping the Polks REALLY opened them up. :) The Rt55i bookshelf was the best I listened to that I could afford and I have them crossed at 60hz.
Curt

A

Azz123

Junior Audioholic
Hi..
Nice integration of the system.. Looks great!

Just a question regarding the cabinet - do you have an exhaust fan seeing as the receiver is closed in as such?

I thought you might open the door during playback though that would cover your speaker..

Cheers..

A

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Azz123 said:
Hi..

Just a question regarding the cabinet - do you have an exhaust fan seeing as the receiver is closed in as such?

I thought you might open the door during playback though that would cover your speaker..

Cheers..

A
Thanks for your kind comments. I don't open the door whilst simltaneously listening, so it's not a problem. No exhuast fan at present. It doesn't get that hot inside. In anticipation of other's comments, the entertainment center doesn't noticably color the sound as has been sugested by other posters...

Cheers.

A

Azz123

Junior Audioholic
Hi again..

Can’t speak for the Polk receiver though I know the Yamaha I have gets quite warm to touch when it's working.....
Having been a Computer tweaker for some time I appreciate and respect the fact that heat sinks do get hot though need to get the heat away to stay efficient and keep the components cool that should be.
Not all electronic componentry will complain straight up about heat though long term heat can cause the premature degradation of electronic components.

I’ve a similar cabinet to yourself and have installed a 120mm 4.7 inch in your language mains power fan in the back of my cabinet. I’ve fitted it with a light dimmer and it acts as a speed controller.
Watching HT I have the rpm/fan speed turned down so the fan is hardly audible, when cranking music I turn the fan up flat chat and it pulls masses amount of air from the cabinet..

At the end of the day, I sleep a little better at night.

Cheers and look after that investment!

Aaron

Francious70

Francious70

Senior Audioholic
The only thing I would change in your system is to get a bigger TV.

Paul

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Francious70 said:
The only thing I would change in your system is to get a bigger TV.

Paul

The only thing I'd change is the amount of power to the speaks. I'd love to increase it by at least 50%.

P

Polkfan

Audioholic
Azz123 said:
Hi..
Cheers..

A
What's not obvious in the photos are the huge openings in the rear of the cabinet. They allow for abundant ventilation.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis