A 67 day Murder sentence

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
I thought I just did. Lemme go back and look.
Yep. It's there. I did. Go figure.

But gosh....now you're aligned with a dope who doesn't know proper Latin, who supports unsupportable positions, and who otherwise is an ignorant user of fresh air. ;)
That's all right. Better a stupid friend than a smart enemy. ;)

Thank you for the thank you. But was it sincere? Also, you placed the thank you after an odd post, rather than where it really belongs...

Never mind, It's my dry sense of humor again. Trust me, you're not the first, and not the last to fail to see it or appreciate it. Cheers.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
It's my dry sense of humor again. Trust me, you're not the first, and not the last to fail to see it or appreciate it. Cheers.
Don't worry, John. We know it's us and not you. :rolleyes: But it must be difficult with SO MANY of us who will just not understand...so many of us who fail to see or appreciate your humor. Poor fella.

Keep that ego thing going. It'll help you feel better. ;)

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Don't worry, John. We know it's us and not you. :rolleyes: But it must be difficult with SO MANY of us who will just not understand...so many of us who fail to see or appreciate your humor. Poor fella.

Keep that ego thing going. It'll help you feel better. ;)
Oh, don't worry about me, I'm not nearly as poor as you think. And I don't need to feel any better. Plenty of exercise, a great diet, sex is outstanding, and the money just keeps pouring in. Ego? What ego? I define humility.

hemiram

hemiram

Full Audioholic
The problem with all the "hang them" justice is that more often than we want to admit, innocent people get convicted. I know 2 people (through their relations, who are friend's of mine) that were wrongly convicted.

One was a child molesting (That never happened), and due to the prosecutor's dirty tricks, and a totall incompetant court appointed defense attorney, he was so scared about going to jail for life, he stupidly pled guilty and took 13 years, even though there would have been the mother, grandmother, and several other witnesses that would have testified that the kid was never molested by him at all. When these people found out, they called the judge, who was "sympathetic" to the defendant, he refused to toss the conviction. The DA wouldn't do anything, at least until the local TV stations started sniffing around, and finally after 4 years in jail, he got out. He's a basket case now, unable to work, and is on disabilty. He never got a dime in restitution. Since the conviction was tossed, everythings OK, right?
This entire case started by the kid's loon aunt calling the police and telling them some whopper. The first "investigation" found nothing, but the follow up started the nonsense rolling.

The other guy was convicted of murdering his neighbor, all because he drove home drunk from the bar down the street, and left his car door open. The killer had tried to steal the car, it turned out, and left a rope in it, but the battery was dead beacuse the lights were left on. The police, prosecutors, and jury (Idiots) all ignored his rock solid alibi. He was seen by dozens of people who knew him, drinking in the bar, when it happened. The police went into hound dog mode, totally fixated on him, while totally ignoring the convicted rapist murderer who had just been paroled, who lived down the street! They never even talked to him! The defense didn't know about him existing until he killed someone else, and the press told about him being paroled a month before his neighbor had been murdered, and the guy I know convicted for it.

The DA's office spent 3 years fighting to prevent a DNA test from being run, and of course, it cleared him, and he got out, after seven years. The DA never even apologized to him, nor have the police, several of whom he's known his etire life! He's suing the local police and county prosecutors and they already have offered him a million bucks to settle, $100,000 for the next ten years, but his lawyer is convinced the county will raise that substantially when the court date approaches. The trust in the local prosecutor's office and police has suffered greatly, and they do not want a jury awarding him something like a mill a year instead. The judge assigned to the case has publically urged the county to settle it ASAP, as a jury could award a "huge" amount, and he would probably not reduce it, and the publicity is making the entire system, "Look like idiots, and crooks". IMO, when a DA fights to keep a DNA test run, they should be tossed out of office, and put in jail for a while to see why innocent people might want to get out!

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
If there was true justice, the prosecutor, the DA, the cops involved in the investigation would be held liable. My point in others posts was simple, hold everyone in the system accountable including judges, witnesses, attorneys, cops and so on, if everybody knew their neck was on the line and there was retribution for lying (the witness), incompetence (the cops, prosecutors) and just plain recklessness I'm sure trials would work out differently.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
The problem with all the "hang them" justice is that more often than we want to admit, innocent people get convicted.
And beyond that, we want to be humanitarian, to believe even convicts can change and become a positive, productive citizen. We want to believe (hope) that these miscreants can turn it around.

Except, of course, for the most egregious of cases. For them, the provence of "the system" is neither forgiveness or hope, but simply punishment. And sometimes, with no chance of any release. And that's as it should be.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
If there was true justice, the prosecutor, the DA, the cops involved in the investigation would be held liable. My point in others posts was simple, hold everyone in the system accountable including judges, witnesses, attorneys, cops and so on, if everybody knew their neck was on the line and there was retribution for lying (the witness), incompetence (the cops, prosecutors) and just plain recklessness I'm sure trials would work out differently.
They all are already "liable." Prosecutorial misconduct or abuse of public office (for DA's), abuse of process or wrongful prosecution (for officers), etc.

If we were to put the whole system on trial (as you propose), having all the players walking on pins and needles for fear of (...?), the process would simply cease to operate. The judges, DA's and officers would be too concerned for they own skin over: zealously prosecuting(DA); dispassionately, unbiasedly trying (Judge); and, gathering and pronouncing evidence (officers) in cases. There are enough checks and balances already in place. One has to remain vigilant and needs to "simply" capture any proof of misconduct if they find themselves in the unfortunate predicament of "wrongful persecution".

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis