A 3 Phase amp driving a single phase sub. Open Source now. Who wants to play with fire?

M

mp3streetparty

Audioholic Intern
This is my idea but I don't have the money to develop it so I declare it open source. May not work any different to a normal amp my ears are too old to tell..I may buy a broken one in 10 years for next to nothing..So here goes..

You have to use 3 class b outputs phase shifted connected with parallel with resistors to a speaker.

The theory is you have backup current when the inductance of the speaker wants it..

I have done some 3 phase tests with a mp3 running 3 x 4 bit's D/A (not convincing quality too low) and 3 phase simulations with circuit maker 2000 student edition. The download link if you want to play.. http://my.ece.ucsb.edu/York/Bobsclass/2C/simulation/cmstudnt.zip

The circuit
View attachment Amp 100 watt 100 Hz 3 phase amp.zip

I have attached one circuit, you can play with values to your harts content.
The values in the circuit are as close to real world as I can find if I am wrong let me know..

Plus
You can eliminate class B crossover distortion at low levels.

It seems you can push power into the inductive load of a speaker as well.

Is not consuming 50% of power supply at Idle Like class A

Negatives:
The Amps efficiency ranges from 16% to 66 % depending on how you torture with the phase shift, the power supply and output devices do suffer.

Audio DSP failure or short circuit output = blow 6 output devices instead of 2... I don't care I will just buy another faulty receiver off the internet as long as 3 channels work.

Have no idea: need help!
How low the parallel resistors can go before Amps negative feedback blows outputs with respect to phase shift.

I have some 2 phase recordings but there is a copyright problem if I share but still have to do sine wave tests yet..

Thanks in advance for any comments

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
This is my idea but I don't have the money to develop it so I declare it open source. May not work any different to a normal amp my ears are too old to tell..I may buy a broken one in 10 years for next to nothing..So here goes..

You have to use 3 class b outputs phase shifted connected with parallel with resistors to a speaker.

The theory is you have backup current when the inductance of the speaker wants it..

I have done some 3 phase tests with a mp3 running 3 x 4 bit's D/A (not convincing quality too low) and 3 phase simulations with circuit maker 2000 student edition. The download link if you want to play.. http://my.ece.ucsb.edu/York/Bobsclass/2C/simulation/cmstudnt.zip

The circuit
View attachment 11492

I have attached one circuit, you can play with values to your harts content.
The values in the circuit are as close to real world as I can find if I am wrong let me know..

Plus
You can eliminate class B crossover distortion at low levels.

It seems you can push power into the inductive load of a speaker as well.

Is not consuming 50% of power supply at Idle Like class A

Negatives:
The Amps efficiency ranges from 16% to 66 % depending on how you torture with the phase shift, the power supply and output devices do suffer.

Audio DSP failure or short circuit output = blow 6 output devices instead of 2... I don't care I will just buy another faulty receiver off the internet as long as 3 channels work.

Have no idea: need help!
How low the parallel resistors can go before Amps negative feedback blows outputs with respect to phase shift.

I have some 2 phase recordings but there is a copyright problem if I share but still have to do sine wave tests yet..

Thanks in advance for any comments
I trust that you have adequate home owners insurance and that your premiums are up to date.

I would hope that you are in a free standing residence and not in a multi dwelling structure. If you do have shared walls, I would issue a warning to other residents to get out while the goings good.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis