8K projector suggestion

Fafy24

Fafy24

Audiophyte
I was wondering if there is any true 8K technology available on the market. I have researched and came across
JVC DLA-NX9 which claims pseudo 8K quality.
I don't if projectors are capable of producing true 8k. Projector reviews website AV forums, is saying DLA-NX9 is using 8K E-SHIFT or whatever it is.
Is there any true 8K projector available, if not, then is JVC DLA-NX9 that good?[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I was wondering if there is any true 8K technology available on the market. I have researched and came across
JVC DLA-NX9 which claims pseudo 8K quality.
I don't if projectors are capable of producing true 8k. Projector reviews website AV forums, is saying DLA-NX9 is using 8K E-SHIFT or whatever it is.
Is there any true 8K projector available, if not, then is JVC DLA-NX9 that good?[/SIZE]
There are no native 8K projectors. Which makes sense considering that not only aren't there any native 8K sources, it is just about the most useless thing in existence. But, yes, the new line up from JVC can accept 8K signals and the top of the line model can perform a 4-way pixel shift to deliver a full 8K image on screen, though even full time reviewers are hard pressed to say it is of any meaningful value.

Still, JVC projectors remain industry leading in many regards and are considered a gold standard in the industry.

Fafy24

Fafy24

Audiophyte
There are no native 8K projectors. Which makes sense considering that not only aren't there any native 8K sources, it is just about the most useless thing in existence. But, yes, the new line up from JVC can accept 8K signals and the top of the line model can perform a 4-way pixel shift to deliver a full 8K image on screen, though even full time reviewers are hard pressed to say it is of any meaningful value.

Still, JVC projectors remain industry leading in many regards and are considered a gold standard in the industry.
SO why are they advertising like it was a true 8K model

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
SO why are they advertising like it was a true 8K model
They are not. JVC does use standard advertising saying such things as:
"World first projector to support high-resolution 8K signal input"
and
"Display resolution: 8192 x 4320 (with 8K/e-shiftX)"

But, it does not say that it is a native 8K projector. It also is absolutely putting up 32,000,000 discrete pixels on screen using the same type of technology that DLP has been using to do the same thing for their 4K pixel shifters.

Since there aren't really any 8K sources and considering how pointless 8K video is, it hardly maters.

What mattes is the actual image quality which can be delivered by the projector, and that will likely be second to none.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis