75 Samsung or 80 Vizio

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I don't fully trust this article as it doesn't make any sense. Look up on Illinois "amazon tax" law. Thou it was originally strike down, a new revised version is in effect since beginning 2015 and Amazon would have to start collecting taxes any way. Building new distribution center is just a way for them to save money and stay competitive. Wikipedia has a decent article on Amazon tax.
Wikipedia is a mountain of misinformation, not saying that is the case here. I live in Illinois I am very aware of Amazon and tax because I have been a prime member for about 5 years. I don't have reason to doubt the article. The rules for Illinois and Tax you are referring to was for purchases for 10k and above and relates to "affiliates" people who resell on Amazon.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
The revised law is 2015 that I was not aware of. As for the reasons for building it's pure speculation on your part and mine. Amazon may have reacted to it, even though they announced they were building 5 months before the law passed, they could have possibly know it was going to pass.

As for the chicken or the egg theory, it's impossible to know for sure. While it definitely could have been the cause, Amazon also charges Tax in states where there is no such law and in which they have facilities, such as Maryland and Minnesota.

New facilities in IL does go along with Amazon's plan to offer same day delivery as well as it is being rolled out in more and more cities. I see nothing not to trust from either article, both are way more reliable that wiki

Now back to your regular scheduled question on TV comparison.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay. Chris: Save up and buy the freaking Panasonic.

itschris

itschris

Which Panny? Right now the only ones I see has a really really big bezel. There's just not a lot to choose from in the 75" and 80" size. In 65" there's a ton to choose from, but I want to step up in size.

Vizio doesn't have the HBO to Go app which kinda sux. Also, doesn't Samsung have built in PLEX support?

itschris

itschris

Also worth noting, the electronics manager at sams believes that the price will drop back down to the pre-Xmas price of $1,998.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Anyone with a Vizio 4K TV go now into your settings and check for Firmware updates. Vizio just sent out A firmware update plus 4 new updates for Vizio Smartcast, Got new apps plus they fixed the bugged Netflix app my Netflix app is working again! Sweet!!!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis