7 Millionaire Myths

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
That's ridiculous. With the low interest rates and rather uncertainty/poor average return on investments, you wouldn't be close to a million dollars in 40 years, and you'd have a good chance of actually losing money.
I don't think Isiberian meant those figures to be definitive. I believe he just tossed them out just to make the point that most people would rather spend their money and enjoy it, rather than save/invest it. But, he would have to confirm that...

GirgleMirt

GirgleMirt

Audioholic
My personal finances are non of your business.
Likewise, your lack of knowledge and limited, one sided views of the subjects, are non of mine.

You're trying to derail this thread because you don't like the subject.

Come to think of it; I'm hard pressed to find any helpful posts of yours in this entire forum.
Why are you really here?
lol, what a joke.

Someone stated that by saving 100$ per month and investing, they could become millionnaires themselves. That's false. As said in the article:

4. Millionaires Have High-Paying Jobs
It certainly doesn't hurt to be gainfully employed, but half of all millionaires are self-employed or own a business. It does help to have a college degree, as about 80 percent are college graduates, though only 18% have master's degrees.
Millionaires aren't schmucks who save 100$ per month and invest. That's not how you become a millionaire. So no, I'm not "trying to derail this thread because you don't like the subject.". :rolleyes:

You're the one who's trying to do so with adhoms such as:
-"people with the least life experience"
-"little knowledge of a subject (demonstrated by their posts)"

So you have an issue with me for pasts posts and then you're following me around like a little dog taking little jabs when you can. Sad. If you don't want to discuss the subject, which is, myths about millionaires, one of which is how they became millionaires, then don't post your stupid insults about people not having life experience or not knowing about what they're talking about.

From what we've seen here, you have no experience on the subject, or the tangent which is investing. I've only asked you to show what was your experience on the subject, but obviously, your only goal here was to start a **** fest. You're not interested in discussing the subject. You were just continuing your little vendetta because something as benign as saying that sending fighter jets because someone smoked a cig on a plane and joked about lighting up his shoe was a waste and ridiculous, or that I said that ridiculous religions or ridiculous religious beliefs are ridiculous, etc. upset you. Grow up man, move on.

Last edited:
gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
I'd like to be a rich person. I promise to pay my taxes. Where do I aply?

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
lol, what a joke.

Someone stated that by saving 100$ per month and investing, they could become millionnaires themselves. That's false. As said in the article:

Millionaires aren't schmucks who save 100$ per month and invest. That's not how you become a millionaire. So no, I'm not "trying to derail this thread because you don't like the subject.". :rolleyes:

You're the one who's trying to do so with adhoms such as:
-"people with the least life experience"
-"little knowledge of a subject (demonstrated by their posts)"

So you have an issue with me for pasts posts and then you're following me around like a little dog taking little jabs when you can. Sad. If you don't want to discuss the subject, which is, myths about millionaires, one of which is how they became millionaires, then don't post your stupid insults about people not having life experience or not knowing about what they're talking about.

From what we've seen here, you have no experience on the subject, or the tangent which is investing. I've only asked you to show what was your experience on the subject, but obviously, your only goal here was to start a **** fest. You're not interested in discussing the subject. You were just continuing your little vendetta because something as benign as saying that sending fighter jets because someone smoked a cig on a plane and joked about lighting up his shoe was a waste and ridiculous, or that I said that ridiculous religions or ridiculous religious beliefs are ridiculous, etc... Grow up, move on.
Try decalf.:eek:

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I did NOT say that that is how much people should be taxed; I said that they had that much more that was available for taxes and other things. The point being, everyone paying the same percentage of income in taxes is not appropriate or even possible.
Sorry, that was meant more in jest than as a criticism. I didn't seriously believe you thought that way. I should've been more clear on that.

gmichael

gmichael

Audioholic Spartan
Holy @#*%, where is Sigmund Freud when we really need him?:eek::D:p
Off grinding up some beef/coffee for his friend Michael?;)

Nothin' beats a good burger and fresh coffee. Even millionares would agree.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Right, it's so simple, you just buy stuff for little money and sell it for a lot, wham, instant profit, easy to do, just takes a little bit of knowledge and in a couple of years you can make a bajillion dollars. So easy and simple! The so called experts don't do any better the the indices, so yeah, some schmuck with 0 experience will make a million dollars by saving 100$ per month and investing... Laff
Rick never said it was simple or easy, or that you could become a millionaire by saving $100 per month.

Do you know how many investors went bankrupt in the last couple of years?
None. Anybody who went bankrupt was a gambler, not an investor. And, don't ask me to explain the difference, because if you have to, it's you who doesn't know anything about the subject.

People who see the stock market as an easy way to become millionaires are fools and will most likely end up broke.
You're absolutely right on that one, because it ain't easy. Unless of course, you start with $999,999.....:D

The people making money with stocks is pretty much limited to the brokers, those with inside info and/or can control it, those who sell books about it, or teach, make conferences, etc.
.....and me, apparently. I'm not one of those people you have listed, but I've been investing in the stock markets for about 25 years and am decidedly in the black - but I'm nowhere near being a millionaire. My portfolio is well-diversified to spread the risk. I don't chase last years results and jump at the latest "hot stock tip". So, don't be such a Negative Nelly. You don't have to be an insider to profit from investing.

Matt34

Matt34

I'm about done dealing with trolls whose only purpose here is to argue with other members.

Find another hobby or don't post here, last and only warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis