7.2.4 System for $3.5K

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
I’d think laying a 530 on its side will create dispersion problems with the orientation of the compression driver horn it could go from good standing up normal to very weird sounding laying on its side . Or mabey Iam not understanding his intended use of the 530’s for a center channel .
If single speaker then in regular orientation. If using two they will go in horizontal orientation through minidsp to adjust and create Phantom center where the Screen is. That is what I was thinking. First I will carry and see how the two work with minidsp and if that doesn't work. Then single in regular orientation

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Yes, this. I was operating under the assumption he is going to use it in its intended orientation, but this is worth mentioning.
In no way is that compression driver wave guide designed for laying on its side . No most every review I’ve ever read or seen has about all jbl centers including the big one Iam running now the Array 880 has terrible off axis response from 30 to 40 degrees off axis but they are designed for dialogue after all . Although it measures outstanding every where else in actual use in a home setup in a proper setup rig it’s not a problem as no one sets 40 degrees off axis the same can be said for the 520 center in measurements almost the same . I’d go with the 520 C on this one . If you notice how the wave guide is designed and used in the towers its made for one position not on its side in this line except the intended centers wave guide is designed for wider dispersion as it should be . That’s just my take on it .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
If single speaker then in regular orientation. If using two they will go in horizontal orientation through minidsp to adjust and create Phantom center where the Screen is. That is what I was thinking. First I will carry and see how the two work with minidsp and if that doesn't work. Then single in regular orientation
I get what your saying and your thoughts on what your after but I really don’t think even if tuned with a mini dsp the orientation of the wave guide on it side will give good results. I’d try the intended center first .

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
I get what your saying and your thoughts on what your after but I really don’t think even if tuned with a mini dsp the orientation of the wave guide on it side will give good results. I’d try the intended center first .
I did order 520C so don't worry. I am not just going for 530 as my only option. 530 are actually extra set that I ordered. Not of the Main set.

H

Hetfield

Audioholic Samurai
I did order 520C so don't worry. I am not just going for 530 as my only option. 530 are actually extra set that I ordered. Not of the Main set.
I'm one that actually likes the 520C. After trial and error I finally got it just right. I lifted it up so it's directly below the TV and it's perfectly in line/same exact height as the 570s. I think that made a big difference, it's also just about ear level depending on how I'm sitting.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
I'm one that actually likes the 520C. After trial and error I finally got it just right. I lifted it up so it's directly below the TV and it's perfectly in line/same exact height as the 570s. I think that made a big difference, it's also just about ear level depending on how I'm sitting.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I really think that is key for this center too .

Mark E. Long

Mark E. Long

Audioholic General
Looking forward to your thoughts on this experiment hey it could work out ya just never know . One time years ago I had an extra set of jbl S-38’s setting around and decided to put them end to end as a center channel they are 3- ways despite them being huge and useing a y cable on the avr to split the pre out into a carver amp . It looked awesome and sounded really good it was just a very wide sounding mess lol . Good luck Sir !

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Took a hit with JBL Studio speakers. They were kinda little over budget even after discount. So instead of two small subs I think I will be better off with one 15" DIY SUB. Probably Dayton.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Am at $3170 for JBL speakers + Denon Receiver. So have another $830 left for SUBs. Which is not gonna be enough to get two small decent SUBs. Instead I am thinking of taking the DIY route to get 1000W 15"/18" SUB. But will only be limiting to single SUB.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis