R

RickH

Junior Audioholic
I currently have a home theatre system that seems quite adequate to me.
I am using a Carver 705 THX 5 channel amp. A proton 2631 digital 5 channel
pre amp, two RH labs sub woofers. (can't move them much. they weigh 100
pounds each) A pair of wall mounted Accoustic research Phantom 8.3,
for the front channel. A NHT VS 2 for the center channel and two M&K
Sattelite 2 speakers for my rear speakers. The salesman at .....well the initials are BB, says that I would be better off to get rid of my carver and proton units and buy a 7.1 Receiver? I don't believe for the expense, that it's really going to make much difference. any opinions??

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
RickH said:
I currently have a home theatre system that seems quite adequate to me.
I am using a Carver 705 THX 5 channel amp. A proton 2631 digital 5 channel
pre amp, two RH labs sub woofers. (can't move them much. they weigh 100
pounds each) A pair of wall mounted Accoustic research Phantom 8.3,
for the front channel. A NHT VS 2 for the center channel and two M&K
Sattelite 2 speakers for my rear speakers. The salesman at .....well the initials are BB, says that I would be better off to get rid of my carver and proton units and buy a 7.1 Receiver? I don't believe for the expense, that it's really going to make much difference. any opinions??
Don't listen to him. 7.1 isn't worth ditching that kind of setup, just so BB(Best Buy, its okay you can say it) gets a sale.

The only thing you should do(if and when you want to get 7.1) is get another amp 2 channel, and a new pre pro, with updated formats.

SheepStar

C

chaos24

Audioholic Intern
that salesman is full of S&#T....do you buy your engine oil at the dollar store????that sales man probably does:eek:

B

Buckeye_Nut

Audioholic Field Marshall
7.1 is definitely a step up, and it will improve your movie experience, but you wont want to replace your current components unless it's with something of comperable build quality.

J

JetSnake

Audioholic Intern
That's not the first load of crap I've heard from best buy.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis