7.1 surround dac/amp combo for gaming

P

Pearzilla

Enthusiast
Anyone have any experience with dacs for gaming? Currently looking for one that does 7.1 surround for positional audio. Looking for one that does the job the best.Playing a lot of PUBG. Looking to use with laptop. I bought the Razer surround pro software but it's not that great. Head set is hyper x cloud alpha.

The dacs I've heard of for this particular need are the Sennheiser gsx 1000
Creative sound blaster e5 and g5
Astro mix amp

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I would say 2 channel dac/amp combo will do better job, like O2ODAC. What matters more is good pair of headphones. I would suggest HD558/598/600 depending on budget for gaming.

P

Pearzilla

Enthusiast
Oh I have hd598s for my desktop setup. This is just for traveling. Don't feel like packing up the 598s Everytime I leave ;) I have an e17k on me this will do a better job than trying to get a dac/amp that does vitural 7.1? I was just asking because I've read and seen a few YouTube reviewers suggesting 7.1 over 2.0 for FPS gaming.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
I have no experience with those things but I believe they are just a marketing trick just like 7.1 headphones are. Good pair of headphones with quality dac/amp combo will do just as good or even better most likely. I play PUBG as well with HD600 without any fancy things.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis