7.1 in-ceiling recommendation

R

rafaeldb

Enthusiast
Hello everyone, I'm not really well informed about in-ceiling/standing speakers in general, but I'm building a new system for my house, with the left-center-right being standing speakers and the rest all in-ceiling. Do you guys have recommendations? I went to best buy and they recommended me the speakers below, they sounded nice, but price is quite huge.

Their recommendation was:
SpeakerCraft - Profile AIM8 Three 8" In-Ceiling Speaker
SpeakerCraft - CRS Series Profile CRS3 3" In-Ceiling Speaker (Each)

Thanks!
raf

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hello everyone, I'm not really well informed about in-ceiling/standing speakers in general, but I'm building a new system for my house, with the left-center-right being standing speakers and the rest all in-ceiling. Do you guys have recommendations? I went to best buy and they recommended me the speakers below, they sounded nice, but price is quite huge.

Their recommendation was:
SpeakerCraft - Profile AIM8 Three 8" In-Ceiling Speaker
SpeakerCraft - CRS Series Profile CRS3 3" In-Ceiling Speaker (Each)

Thanks!
raf
Ummm. You say building a new system...a 7.1 system with standard speakers across the front and in ceiling surrounds...without seeing the room layout, etc, it's hard to say for sure, but generally speaking you get better performance on the side surrounds with wall mounts...and you may or may not benefit from rears...again, have to see the space 1st.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis