7.1 Channel Home Theater Setup

P

printvisa2017

Audiophyte
Hi,

I have a media room already pre-wired for 7.1 Channel. (Two Front left, right, Two Back left right, Two ceiling left right and a subwoofer). I am looking a for a speakers which gives good sound under budget. I was told to go with Monoprice brand. Is that good?? Total set I am getting for below $550.00. Please see attached image.

Please suggest me good speakers.

Attachments

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Where are each of the speakers to be placed in the room relative to seating? You don't mention wiring for a center speaker, so that's in place already? You only have speakers for a 5.1 setup in the link, so are you putting surrounds in the ceiling and rear surrounds are on the back wall? Are you looking for basic 7.1 or an Atmos type setup? Are there holes cut already or just wiring-ready? What are the dimensions of the room? Pics/diagram available? Overall Monoprice has some good choices available, but personally don't follow in-ceiling or in-wall speakers. The sub is good value for a budget sub, tho.

You might want to review speaker placement recommendations from Dolby https://www.dolby.com/about/support/guide/surround-sound-speaker-setup/

P

printvisa2017

Audiophyte
Where are each of the speakers to be placed in the room relative to seating? You don't mention wiring for a center speaker, so that's in place already? You only have speakers for a 5.1 setup in the link, so are you putting surrounds in the ceiling and rear surrounds are on the back wall? Are you looking for basic 7.1 or an Atmos type setup? Are there holes cut already or just wiring-ready? What are the dimensions of the room? Pics/diagram available? Overall Monoprice has some good choices available, but personally don't follow in-ceiling or in-wall speakers. The sub is good value for a budget sub, tho.

You might want to review speaker placement recommendations from Dolby https://www.dolby.com/about/support/guide/surround-sound-speaker-setup/
Yes. I am looking for basic 7.1 Atmos type setup? There are no holes but we have wiring-ready. Room dimension are 9 feet height, 11 feet width and 20 feet long.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes. I am looking for basic 7.1 Atmos type setup? There are no holes but we have wiring-ready. Room dimension are 9 feet height, 11 feet width and 20 feet long.
7.1 doesn't reflect Atmos.....5.1.2 would be a basic Atmos system. What avr do you have?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yes, that Denon is capable of that 5.1.2 Atmos format. You still need to be more specific about speaker locations in the room as to where you can/plan to place speakers for best advice.

P

printvisa2017

Audiophyte
Two in front (left and right), Two in back (left and right), Two in ceiling (left and right). One center channel.
Room is already pre-wired and size is Room dimension are 9 feet height, 11 feet width and 20 feet long.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Two in front (left and right), Two in back (left and right), Two in ceiling (left and right). One center channel.
Room is already pre-wired and size is Room dimension are 9 feet height, 11 feet width and 20 feet long.
I mean very specific locations vs room dimensions as well as your seat. Got a pic where you can mark locations intended?

For example, with a 5.1.2 Atmos setup ideally you want the 5 main channels down nearer ear height, so there is a bit of separation between that and the Atmos speakers in the ceiling. The basic 5 channel setup would have mains (left/right/center with tweeters at ear height, and surrounds to the sides, and perhaps elevated a bit above ear height. Then the ceiling positiions are chosen largely based on where your seating is. So, more information is needed.....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis