7.1.4 Setup For Around $7.5-9K

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
That's why I said it may come down to design and finish. Appearance means a lot to many people.

As to the Paradigms, the company founders bought back a controlling interest in the company and the Founder line is their first new creation. From what I've read it has more in common with the Personas than being an upgrade from the Premiers. But by how much?

I appreciate the op wanting to be thorough when spending that kind of money but if his friend is not leaning strongly towards one brand then he really needs to do some leg work and visit some dealers. I'd be happy with Arendal, Paradigm, JBL or KEF, but his friend might prefer the Klipsch.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
That's why I said it may come down to design and finish. Appearance means a lot to many people.

As to the Paradigms, the company founders bought back a controlling interest in the company and the Founder line is their first new creation. From what I've read it has more in common with the Personas than being an upgrade from the Premiers. But by how much?

I appreciate the op wanting to be thorough when spending that kind of money but if his friend is not leaning strongly towards one brand then he really needs to do some leg work and visit some dealers. I'd be happy with Arendal, Paradigm, JBL or KEF, but his friend might prefer the Klipsch.
Nah. He left out JBL and specially Klipsch out of the competition. Now it is only between Arendal vs Paradigm. I will only consider Paradigm Founder series to be real good and level above Arendal in a similar way how Arendal is a level above Paradigm Premier Series. Arendal Front 3 speaker package is $4.5K but the Paradigm is $8K which he can gladly pay. But I will only let him throw that kind of money if Founder Series is easily a level up from Arendal. Because if not it is not worth it.

So we have no problem waiting for Founder series detail review and would like to know how good or how big of an improvement it is over Arendal.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Few people in the world will have had the chance to closely compare the Founders speakers to the Arendal speakers. No one can tell you what you will like better. And just because one is more expensive than the other does not make it better. If I were you, I would flip a coin between them.
As we plan to Purchase the speakers in the end of next month if there are any good offers or even later if the speakers we are looking at do not go for sale at all. There is enough time to wait for Detailed review of Founder Series and get an idea of how big of an improvement it is over Premier series and even Arendal if possible. Hope you can get to review it soon and compare it to Arendal 1723 that you have experienced first hand.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
As we plan to Purchase the speakers in the end of next month if there are any good offers or even later if the speakers we are looking at do not go for sale at all. There is enough time to wait for Detailed review of Founder Series and get an idea of how big of an improvement it is over Premier series and even Arendal if possible. Hope you can get to review it soon and compare it to Arendal 1723 that you have experienced first hand.
Definitely find a Way to listen to them, don’t spend 8k grand and end up with The sound signature he did not like , I like my cheap Klipch icon speakers but they were not The best choice for that price option.
I’d consider it an Epic fail.. still good enough quality they still work fine , like when new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Definitely find a Way to listen to them, don’t spend 8k grand and end up with The sound signature he did not like , I like my cheap Klipch icon speakers but they were not The best choice for that price option.
I’d consider it an Epic fail.. still good enough quality they still work fine , like when new.

Dont know in which store close to 43920, Ohio they will display Paradigm Founder Sries. If there is any showroom you guys know where it is for display. Please let us know

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You might also consider going to 5.2.4, instead of 7.2.4 to fit the budget - quality over quantity.

You might be able to get a 5.2.4 system centered around the RBH SVT towers of power.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
You might also consider going to 5.2.4, instead of 7.2.4 to fit the budget - quality over quantity.

You might be able to get a 5.2.4 system centered around the RBH SVT towers of power.

If we end up getting either Paradigm Foundr series or Arendal 1723 we would settle for 3.1 setup for now and purchase 8 surround and atmos speakers on later date.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Don't know in which store close to 43920, Ohio they will display Paradigm Founder Sries. If there is any showroom you guys know where it is for display. Please let us know
It's right on their web site. ;)
Paradigm Dealers.jpg

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
If we end up getting either Paradigm Foundr series or Arendal 1723 we would settle for 3.1 setup for now and purchase 8 surround and atmos speakers on later date.
If your willing to slowly build the system like that then I highly recommend the RBH best speakers I've EVER owned and I've owned a lot of different speakers in my lifetime

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
Okay here is the list.

3.1 Setup battle:

Paradigm Founder Series
Salk Sound Song 3 Series
Arendal 1723 Series

What will be the best one for 50%Music and 50%Movies. At this point He will be pairing them with a decent Amp rated at 200W 8ohms(minimum).

Edit: Sorry I dint check the price on that. That SVT Tower speakers pair cost almost as much as entire Paradigm Founder Series 7.1.4 setup. That is not an option. Not that crazy on budget.

Last edited:
S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe go listen at a Paradigm dealer to see if the Founders series tweeter is worth the upgrade from the Premier series. It’s a ceramic coated tweeter so it may perform better. (Materials used don’t necessarily determine things though).

Also you could do the front 3 in the upper series and do the surrounds in the lower series.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
If your willing to slowly build the system like that then I highly recommend the RBH best speakers I've EVER owned and I've owned a lot of different speakers in my lifetime
Wow those look epic very expensive but endgame gear .. if I could afford I’d go for it . Even founders look nice but not sure on level of rbh, but significantly cheaper ? Probably tons of good brands .

Last edited:
KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
How is JTR Noesis 212 HTR for Music compared to Paradigm Founder Series.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Edit: Sorry I dint check the price on that. That SVT Tower speakers pair cost almost as much as entire Paradigm Founder Series 7.1.4 setup. That is not an option. Not that crazy on budget.
You are getting DISCOUNTS, right?

No matter WHAT brand you end up buying, definitely get discounts.

No matter which brands I've bought in the past, I've almost gotten discounts. Like when I bought the B&W 802D2, I got a 25% discount. When I bought the Revel Salon2, I got a 36% discount. Same goes for Focal, Dynaudio and every single Brick and Mortar brand.

Discount is one HUGE difference between Direct Internet brands vs. Brick & Mortar brands.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
You are getting DISCOUNTS, right?

No matter WHAT brand you end up buying, definitely get discounts.

No matter which brands I've bought in the past, I've almost gotten discounts. Like when I bought the B&W 802D2, I got a 25% discount. When I bought the Revel Salon2, I got a 36% discount. Same goes for Focal, Dynaudio and every single Brick and Mortar brand.

Discount is one HUGE difference between Direct Internet brands vs. Brick & Mortar brands.
Yes sir but I seriously cannot expect 60% discount on it. Or can I.

KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
This is the list of speakers I and considering from Low to High.

JBL Studio 590 - $1000
SVS Ultra Tower - $1200
Arendal 1723 - $1750
Salk Song 3-A - $2250
Paradigm Founder Series 100F - $2500
JTR Noesis 212HTR -$3300

I bet he looking for 3.1 Setup as he is looking for Sound Quality over the Surround aspect. So that almost removes JBL and SVS out of the competition.

But the remaining are all good. But if seriously Arendal being only 2ch for center is not on par with the other 3ch speakers I can remove it from competition as well.

That would bring it down to Salk vs Paradigm vs JTR.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This is the list of speakers I and considering from Low to High.

I bet he looking for 3.1 Setup as he is looking for Sound Quality over the Surround aspect. So that almost removes JBL and SVS out of the competition.
Confused a little bit by this.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Few people in the world will have had the chance to closely compare the Founders speakers to the Arendal speakers. No one can tell you what you will like better. And just because one is more expensive than the other does not make it better. If I were you, I would flip a coin between them.
I can't speak for the Arendal, but I have heard the Premier vs the Founders series. In my SUBJECTIVE opinion, it definitly a step up in detail, soundstange and dyamics. I specifically stated subjective lol. I would demo, demo, demo and decide. Are Arendal internet direct, or do they have a dealer channel?

I realized I am answering questions about your speaker choices on two different forums LOL.

Your speaker pricing for the Paradigm, Salk, JTR (PAIR)
  • Salk is $4395/pair Song3-A standard finish
  • Founders is $5298/pair (before possible dealer discount)
  • JTR $6598
  • 1723 TOWER THX ? which model are you looking at they are 2999 and up/pair
I have heard the Salks at Axpona a few years ago, solid speaker from what i remember. They have the ugliest center channel LOL

Last edited:
KING DRANZER

KING DRANZER

Audioholic
I can't speak for the Arendal, but I have heard the Premier vs the Founders series. In my SUBJECTIVE opinion, it definitly a step up in detail, soundstange and dyamics. I specifically stated subjective lol. I would demo, demo, demo and decide. Are Arendal internet direct, or do they have a dealer channel?

I realized I am answering questions about your speaker choices on two different forums LOL.

Your speaker pricing for the Paradigm, Salk, JTR (PAIR)
  • Salk is $4395/pair Song3-A standard finish
  • Founders is $5298/pair (before possible dealer discount)
  • JTR $6598
  • 1723 TOWER THX ? which model are you looking at they are 2999 and up/pair
I have heard the Salks at Axpona a few years ago, solid speaker from what i remember. They have the ugliest center channel LOL
Looks is not being considered otherwise JTR would be not in the list LOL

That is why I included Salk in the list. Have heard lot of positive from the community.

But yeah trying to figure which gonna be the best for Music as well as Movies. Both are equally important

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis