Bachtoven

Bachtoven

Enthusiast
I'm in the market for a new 5-channel amp. I think I've narrowed the list down to a Parasound Halo A 51 or a Anthem Statement A5. Has anyone had experience with one or both? Thanks. (FYI, I'm currently using a Sony STR 6400ES to drive a pair of Martin Logan Theos and Energy surrounds. I plan to use the Sony as a pre/pro for a while after I buy the amp.)

H

Hocky

Full Audioholic
I have used the Parasound and thought it performed OK. You might consider finding a Sunfire Cinema Grand (or even better, Grand Signature)on the used market. They tend to bring reasonable money and perform very well.

Bachtoven

Bachtoven

Enthusiast
I have used the Parasound and thought it performed OK. You might consider finding a Sunfire Cinema Grand (or even better, Grand Signature)on the used market. They tend to bring reasonable money and perform very well.
Are you currently using a Sunfire with your ML speakers? Are Sunfire amps able to handle the 1 ohm load that ML's present at high frequencies?

H

Hocky

Full Audioholic
Are you currently using a Sunfire with your ML speakers? Are Sunfire amps able to handle the 1 ohm load that ML's present at high frequencies?
I personally am not, but many do and I have had one in my system for some A/B fun among other amps. I have a friend nearby who uses a Cinema Grand in his ML Sequel set up and it performs very well in his medium sized room with tall ceilings.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I'm in the market for a new 5-channel amp. I think I've narrowed the list down to a Parasound Halo A 51 or a Anthem Statement A5.
Might I suggest the AT3005 amp for $3K?

It is the OEM of the Lexicon 300wpc amp. It is made in the USA (California), comes with 7 yr warranty, full balanced, and is "fuse - less" (does not use fuse like most amps).

ATI has also made amps for other Harman companies like Mark Levinson & JBL. ATI now also owns Theta Digital and B&K.

Or you could get 3 of the Harman Crown XLS2500 stereo amps @ $550 each. Each amp is 440wpc RMS 8ohm/ 775wpc 4ohm/ 1200wpc 4ohm.

The AT3005 weighs like 110lbs and the Crown XLS2500 weighs like 10lbs. They both sound great. :D

Last edited:
Bachtoven

Bachtoven

Enthusiast
Sorry it took a while to get back. I went with the Parasound A 51--love it! Very dynamic, detailed, and powerful.

RichB

RichB

Audioholic Field Marshall
Sorry it took a while to get back. I went with the Parasound A 51--love it! Very dynamic, detailed, and powerful.
Congratulations. It is a fine amp and I have the same view of this excellent amp.

- Rich

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis