fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
Hello !!

I plan from 5.2 to 5.2.4 and would like to hear from you guys if I will take advantage of the 4 additional speakers, if there will be any problems in these positions? Because on the ceiling I can not install.

1.jpg
2.jpg
IMG_20191126_172321811.jpg
IMG_20191126_172445687.jpg

Look like this
01.fw.png

Last edited:
tmurnin

tmurnin

Full Audioholic
That won’t work if you’re trying for an Atmos effect. Atmos is programmed for down-firing sound, what you’re proposing are essentially adding additional height speakers. You could do that as a 9.1 system if you want, but it won’t give you the Atmos effect

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
That won’t work if you’re trying for an Atmos effect. Atmos is programmed for down-firing sound, what you’re proposing are essentially adding additional height speakers. You could do that as a 9.1 system if you want, but it won’t give you the Atmos effect
But I will install with support, and I will direct to the main position.
It would be almost as if they were on the ceiling, but in this case they would be above 5.1, auro 3d style.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
But I will install with support, and I will direct to the main position.
It would be almost as if they were on the ceiling, but in this case they would be above 5.1, auro 3d style.
Yeah. It will work. Those are locations supported by Atmos. You’ll want to lower your surround speakers close to ear level though. Also, ideally the rear heights would be behind you by about 45° so 5.1.2 might be worth considering. I’ve seen people go with a layout just like yours and they love it.

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
Yeah. It will work. Those are locations supported by Atmos. You’ll want to lower your surround speakers close to ear level though. Also, ideally the rear heights would be behind you by about 45° so 5.1.2 might be worth considering. I’ve seen people go with a layout just like yours and they love it.
Front height i know of i will enjoy, my fear is about surround height, they will be 90cm above the surround ( tweeter vs tweeter ),will this distance enought for enjoy or will they tangle with the surround ?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
As the front height, if it is well taken advantage of, my fear is about surround height, they will be 90cm above the surround ( tweeter vs tweeter ), will this distance I enjoy or will they tangle with the surround ?
To use your words, I believe they will tangle with the surrounds. But, as I said if you lower the surrounds to ear level it will A) help with that, and B) provide the angular separation between them that makes Atmos work. Can you lower them?
Again, the rear heights should be well behind you but if you can lower the surrounds, the separation in height should help a lot.

fabiocz

fabiocz

Audioholic
To use your words, I believe they will tangle with the surrounds. But, as I said if you lower the surrounds to ear level it will A) help with that, and B) provide the angular separation between them that makes Atmos work. Can you lower them?
Again, the rear heights should be well behind you but if you can lower the surrounds, the separation in height should help a lot.
Can't really lower anymore due to my headboard, is already on the edge.

But even being 90cm apart, I think it's better than not having any speaker above the surround, am I right?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Can't really lower anymore due to my headboard, is already on the edge.

But even being 90cm apart, I think it's better than not having any speaker above the surround, am I right?
Yeah. I’d agree. Seems like you are aware of some limitations too, so go for it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis