everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
This is what I was thinking. I think this will be respectable without breaking the bank.
I'd get a different subwoofer as there are a couple of good units that are cheaper and better. Can you use a single Unfi as your center channel (if they will sell a single)? Otherwise it looks OK.

V

Vortex189

Enthusiast
I'd get a different subwoofer as there are a couple of good units that are cheaper and better. Can you use a single Unfi as your center channel (if they will sell a single)? Otherwise it looks OK.
The center is a single one. I looked since it's a bit confusing.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
The center is a single one. I looked since it's a bit confusing.
Yes, and sound wise it would be better to use a single unfi bookshelf spearker vs this particular center channel if space and availability were not an issue.

V

Vortex189

Enthusiast
Ahh I get it, I probably can get a single uni-fi speaker.

V

Vortex189

Enthusiast
It would sound much better that way.
How large is your room BTW? LxWxH including openings to other rooms.
It's not very big, I'm going to get measurements when I get home. I might just get a different brand center. Maybe a klipsch. Also, 12 or 14 gauge wire?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
It's not very big, I'm going to get measurements when I get home. I might just get a different brand center. Maybe a klipsch. Also, 12 or 14 gauge wire?
Actually that center will work if the bookshelve doesn't. I mistook it as the debut center not the unifi. 12 or 14 would be OK for the front 3, and 12 for the surrounds.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
I wonder what he decided on. Matched front Elac's would be nice. Side/rear surrounds, can be of what you want.

Front L/R speakers, you might want the tweeters at ear level. The center channel at ear level too. I might suggest the side surround tweeters, about 22" above ear level and a bit behind. Your personal room acoustics play a major part for overall sound quality too.

The Elac's you have shown, can be placed anywhere and will be a matter of positioning.
HOW TO Set Up a 5.1 HOME THEATER Surround Sound Speaker System in 2020 - Bing video
5.1 & 7.1 Surround Sound Speaker System Setup & Placement Guide (fluance.com)

V

Vortex189

Enthusiast
I wonder what he decided on. Matched front Elac's would be nice. Side/rear surrounds, can be of what you want.

Front L/R speakers, you might want the tweeters at ear level. The center channel at ear level too. I might suggest the side surround tweeters, about 22" above ear level and a bit behind. Your personal room acoustics play a major part for overall sound quality too.

The Elac's you have shown, can be placed anywhere and will be a matter of positioning.
HOW TO Set Up a 5.1 HOME THEATER Surround Sound Speaker System in 2020 - Bing video
5.1 & 7.1 Surround Sound Speaker System Setup & Placement Guide (fluance.com)
I ended up getting 2 elac uni-fi 2.0 ub52 for the front and a denon AVR-x2700H. I'm going to get the uni-fi center. I am still undecided between cheaper rears or just using ub52 for the rears as well. I haven't decided on a sub yet. Using all 12 gauge wire that will run inside cable raceway.

V

Vortex189

Enthusiast
I wanted to do it right and be happy with it so I got rid of the budget and decided to just build it a little at a time since I'm paying cash for it and don't have a lot of money. So I'm buying different parts every 2 weeks.

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Another sub to look at is the HSU VTF2 mk5

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis