• Thread starter Chris The Merchant Marine
  • Start date
C

Chris The Merchant Marine

Audiophyte
I am in the market for a pair of towers and rear surrounds and looking for help on speakers that will be compatible with my current Center and Sub. I currently have a Paradigm Monitor Center 1 and a Paradigm PS-1000 sub. I am curious if the Monitor SE 6000f's and Monitor SE Atoms would go well. Thanks

Last edited:
MalVeauX

MalVeauX

Senior Audioholic
Heya,

It really comes down to your room size and your source amplification and your expected listening level for your content. Assuming this is for home theater since it's surround?

The monitor series should match up overall if you're wanting to match things to your current two speakers.

Very best,

C

Chris The Merchant Marine

Audiophyte
Heya,

It really comes down to your room size and your source amplification and your expected listening level for your content. Assuming this is for home theater since it's surround?

The monitor series should match up overall if you're wanting to match things to your current two speakers.

Very best,
I have a large living room with vaulted 15 foot ceiling and about 20 x 15 floor area. Source is Onkyo TX-SR373. Am I better off starting from scratch on the speakers and selling the Monitor Center? I love my Paradigm Atom Monitor v6's that i use for vinyl so thought I would stick to Paradigm but I am open to suggestions. I could sell the center and go with all Paradigm Monitor SE series? How important is it for the sub to match?

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
I would recommend that you listen to JBL Studio 590's in a view to replace your Paradigm bookshelves. The 590's have an excellent frequency response and have a good sensitivity, but would eventually have to be complemented by a pair of good subwoofers from SVS, Monolith, HSU or another good sub brand to replace the PS1000 if you wish to have a better peforming HT system.

Ideally for the best sound performance without phase problems and an excellent front sound stage, you should use three identical speakers for the front. The JBL 590's height would allow to put your TV screen above the center cabinet and that would provide an ideal video and audio setting. However, you could use your Atom V6's as surround speakers without deterioration of overall performance.

Last edited:

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
I am in the market for a pair of towers and rear surrounds and looking for help on speakers that will be compatible with my current Center and Sub. I currently have a Paradigm Monitor Center 1 and a Paradigm PS-1000 sub. I am curious if the Monitor SE 6000f's and Monitor SE Atoms would go well. Thanks
I've got a little experience with the Paradigm line...had the bigger brother 15" sub, cc190 (v2 iirc).

If you intend for the HT room to be family movie entertainment and want the best bang for your buck...you could go with Atoms LR and rear to pair up with your existing CC...then sell or re-purpose the PS1000 and bring in a new dual sub setup...HSU, SVS, several other direct sell audio companies tend to offer much better price/performance than your Paradigm sub.

So in this scenario you'd be buying 2 pairs of Atoms and 2 subs. This would take your playback to another level.

If you are sitting rather far from the TV/main speakers or you expect to playback at reference levels or even close...I would consider the towers and go with the Atoms in the rear.

Replacing the sub is probably not something you thought about...I'm sure the PS1000 can offer boom effect. With nearly 4500 cu ft (20 x 15 x vaulted ceiling) to pressurize...there's almost a certainty your PS1000 is outmanned...secondly, to get the same bass impact from all of the seating areas, having balanced bass is equally important as low end prowess.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@Verdinut Do you have a link to the discontinuation thing? While I've suspected as much for a while for the whole studio 5 series, there's no indication on the 590 page at jbl that I saw that this is but in stock at this point. They are being supplanted by the HDI series, tho....

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
@Verdinut Do you have a link to the discontinuation thing? While I've suspected as much for a while for the whole studio 5 series, there's no indication on the 590 page at jbl that I saw that this is but in stock at this point. They are being supplanted by the HDI series, tho....
@lovinthehd ,

I was mislead by Crutchfield as on their site, they marked them as discontinued. They are not discontinued on JBL's website and that's good news! I've deleted the inexact post. :rolleyes:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
@lovinthehd ,

I was mislead by Crutchfield as on their site, they marked them as discontinued. They are not discontinued on JBL's website and that's good news! I've deleted the inexact post. :rolleyes:
Maybe Crutchfield has some advance info, too. Hard to know with corporate "information" decisions.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis