5.1 Receiver that will work with Bose

N

nikibaba17

Audiophyte
Dear all,
I would like to know which receiver will work best with Bose Acoustimass® 10 speaker system ?
I did search on bestbuy but was unable to decide which one works the best and not too expensive on pocket.
Thanks

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja

This is the back of the Bose module. It is designed to work with other Bose stuff rather than any off the shelf receiver.

Are you open to considering other products? What is your budget and primary goals for this system you are putting together?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
This is the back of the Bose module. It is designed to work with other Bose stuff rather than any off the shelf receiver.
Actually, it is designed to work with any off the shelf receiver. The RCA jacks that you see in that picture of the bass module connect to the satellite speakers, and the multi-pin connector has a harness that connects to the speaker terminals on a receiver.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
An honest answer.

Please note, this is not a "dig" on Bose but merely an honest response to the question. Please don't turn this ito a Bose bashing thread.

No offense, but whatever receiver you wind up with will have capabilities that far surpass the capabilities of that speaker system. As such, there is no "best". Virtually anything will satisfy/surpass what those speakers can deliver.

If I were you, I'd look towards the entry-level end of the spectrum and find one that meets your switching and input needs.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Actually, it is designed to work with any off the shelf receiver. The RCA jacks that you see in that picture of the bass module connect to the satellite speakers, and the multi-pin connector has a harness that connects to the speaker terminals on a receiver.
I knew that! I'd read the manual a while back :eek:! Had a brain fart there.

Thanks for catching my mistake.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis