5.1.2 with a tx rz70

T

Tearl

Audiophyte
Presently I'm waiting for my new Onkyo TX RZ70,the speaker placement I'm using right now is4 height 2 fronts a center and a sub.
I've been looking online at the rz70s manual and from what I'm understanding is I can't use this same setup.
Does anyone have any ideas for me?
I guess I should mention, the 4 height speakers are Bose series2 201s and I don't have the stands, so I figures I'd suspend them from the ceiling and with the TX NR696 that I've been using they sounded pretty darn good,hence why I'd like to keep the setup. So I'm using them as 2 front height and 2 rear height
Update:: so my 2 front speakers are Klipsch R820F, with a Klipsch R 52C center, 4 Bose 201 V speakers. And a polk HTS 12 SUB

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You mean 5.1.2 then? Haven't looked at the manual, but not sure what an is4 height is at all...sounds like you're not even 5ch base layer now....

T

Tearl

Audiophyte
You mean 5.1.2 then? Haven't looked at the manual, but not sure what an is4 height is at all...sounds like you're not even 5ch base layer now....
Yes thank you,as you were replying I was editing. And forgive me. I'm an absolute newbe

T

Tearl

Audiophyte
Would a picture help?
Like I said I'm a complete newbe, and now with this new receiver figured I better start educating myself and ask some questions

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Presently I'm waiting for my new Onkyo TX RZ70,the speaker placement I'm using right now is4 height 2 fronts a center and a sub.
I've been looking online at the rz70s manual and from what I'm understanding is I can't use this same setup.
Does anyone have any ideas for me?
I guess I should mention, the 4 height speakers are Bose series2 201s and I don't have the stands, so I figures I'd suspend them from the ceiling and with the TX NR696 that I've been using they sounded pretty darn good,hence why I'd like to keep the setup. So I'm using them as 2 front height and 2 rear height
Those Bose speakers are totally unsuitable for a multichannel system of the type you are trying to put together.

T

Tearl

Audiophyte
I'm sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean, unsuitable, and why.
Like I said I'm totally new to thos all

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
The Onkyo TX-RZ70 does not support four Height speakers without the use of Surround speakers. You can use two Height speakers in a 3.1.2 setup but not four Height speakers in a 3.1.4 setup.

The “object” based processing in newer receivers will produce optimal results using monopole speakers rather than any direct/reflect, bipole or dipole speakers.

T

Tearl

Audiophyte
The Onkyo TX-RZ70 does not support four Height speakers without the use of Surround speakers. You can use two Height speakers in a 3.1.2 setup but not four Height speakers in a 3.1.4 setup.

The “object” based processing in newer receivers will produce optimal results using monopole speakers rather than any direct/reflect, bipole or dipole speakers.
Ok thank you, so I guess if I want to use this setup I would need surrounds as well...this is what I'm working towards. Would you have any affordable ideas as to which surrounds would be my best option?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis