5.1.2 later 5.2.2 speakers

D

Dan Maldonado

Enthusiast
Hello,
I have an area that when finished will be 12' x 20'. It is in an open basement corner right now. I watch most movies around -10db. I have an SVS p-2000 sub, and the rest is an Onkyo THX 990 system, that I am looking to upgrade from a 7.1 to 5.1.2 or 5.2.2, height effect DTS:X, Dolby atoms system. The AVR upgrade will be a an Onkyo RZ 800 or similar. Speaker budget including the second sub would be about $2500. 95% movies, 5% music use. SVS prime tower surround is in the running, any other suggestions? Thanks!

Sincerely,
Dan

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I'd consider any avr over Onkyo. They are not as reliable as they were in 06 when yours was made. I'd also just add another pb2000 sub. The prime package would be a good choice for HT.

D

Dan Maldonado

Enthusiast
I'd consider any avr over Onkyo. They are not as reliable as they were in 06 when yours was made. I'd also just add another pb2000 sub. The prime package would be a good choice for HT.
Everett,
Any AVR suggestions? I didn't realize that they had gone downhill. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Dan

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Everett,
Any AVR suggestions? I didn't realize that they had gone downhill. Thanks!

Sincerely,
Dan
Id look at the denon x4200 , it's $799 on amazon new. It has audyessey xt32 with sub eq . The 3200 is 599 and has xt. Both are a step up from the audyessey in your Onkyo

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Onkyo no longer even uses Audyssey, but rather their own AccuEQ, which by most reports I've read, isn't very good in comparison. I like the Denon avr suggestions everettT made, although I'd also consider the newer 3300/4300s for the new Audyssey app for more customization options.

I'd keep using the Onkyo htib speakers for surrounds at least and just shop for some mains. I'd look at Ascend 340SEs personally. A second PB2000 would work well.

Carl08

Carl08

Audioholic
I went from 7.2 to 5.2.2. Atmos is pretty cool. I'm more impressed with that than DTS:X

Hello,
I have an area that when finished will be 12' x 20'. It is in an open basement corner right now. I watch most movies around -10db. I have an SVS p-2000 sub, and the rest is an Onkyo THX 990 system, that I am looking to upgrade from a 7.1 to 5.1.2 or 5.2.2, height effect DTS:X, Dolby atoms system. The AVR upgrade will be a an Onkyo RZ 800 or similar. Speaker budget including the second sub would be about $2500. 95% movies, 5% music use. SVS prime tower surround is in the running, any other suggestions? Thanks!

Sincerely,
Dan

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis