4th of July Plans?????

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I am going to take our neighbor who is in early Alzhiemers to decorate her husbands grave who was a double Purple Heart recipient in WWII, then relax and cookout with family, watch everyone play some "Corn Hole" and see the fireworks from the Dragstrip 2 miles away, boring day and very welcome!
Hello Chad. I would not call those plans boring. It actually is nice of you to do that for a neighbor. That is, it shows you have good character as well as respect for other people. Kudos to you my friend. I will also keep both you and Liz in my prayers regarding her lump. Thanks for posting and sharing.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Any other members here feel like sharing with us? Don't be shy. :p:p

Cheers,

Phil

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Well, I hope that everyone's plans work out and that you all have a fantastic fourth! Be safe and have fun.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
A Happy Fourth to one and all.

I got back to Benedict from Eagan MN yesterday afternoon. I spent the previous 8 days moving our town home from Grand Forks ND to Eagan MN, a suburb of St Paul. We moved Saturday and were all moved in and unpacked by the time we left. Moving day was Saturday.

It is a glorious day here on Benedict Lake. My two daughters and son in laws are here with our four grand children. Tonight we will take out our boat and head down the Benedict River to Leech Lake and watch the Walker firework display from Walker Bay. The Walker Bay firework display is a huge annual tourist attraction. Most watch it from their boats. The fireworks are fired right out over Walker Bay.

My wife and I will spend a month here at Walberwick House on Benedict Lake recovering from the move, which was exhausting.

ScottWChicago

ScottWChicago

Audioholic Intern
Since this is a audioholics forum...... I am getting ready to go see Kansas at Eyes to the Sky in Lisle, IL. Show starts at 8pm. It is only 2 miles from my house! I have never seen them before. I hope they sound close to the good old days.

Everyone have a safe weekend and remember don't drink and drive!

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
Happy 4th!

Nothing too special happening for me this weekend. Some music & movies of course, and working on a project for class. Oh and I have to box up a bunch of stuff for majorloser's event next weekend :eek:

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Well, I hope that everyone's plans work out and that you all have a fantastic fourth! Be safe and have fun.
Thanks Adam and the same to you my friend. Hope you and the pooch have a safe holiday. Take care and God bless.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
A Happy Fourth to one and all.

I got back to Benedict from Eagan MN yesterday afternoon. I spent the previous 8 days moving our town home from Grand Forks ND to Eagan MN, a suburb of St Paul. We moved Saturday and were all moved in and unpacked by the time we left. Moving day was Saturday.

It is a glorious day here on Benedict Lake. My two daughters and son in laws are here with our four grand children. Tonight we will take out our boat and head down the Benedict River to Leech Lake and watch the Walker firework display from Walker Bay. The Walker Bay firework display is a huge annual tourist attraction. Most watch it from their boats. The fireworks are fired right out over Walker Bay.

My wife and I will spend a month here at Walberwick House on Benedict Lake recovering from the move, which was exhausting.
TLS thanks for sharing. It sounds like a fun and exciting holiday weekend for you. Nothing like having family around during the 4th. Just be careful and stay safe. Hope you and the wife gets a little R&R as well.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Since this is a audioholics forum...... I am getting ready to go see Kansas at Eyes to the Sky in Lisle, IL. Show starts at 8pm. It is only 2 miles from my house! I have never seen them before. I hope they sound close to the good old days.

Everyone have a safe weekend and remember don't drink and drive!
Hi Scott hope your show is a lot of fun. I agree that anyone drinking needs to be careful and NOT DRINK and DRIVE not matter what. Thanks for sharing with us.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Happy 4th!

Nothing too special happening for me this weekend. Some music & movies of course, and working on a project for class. Oh and I have to box up a bunch of stuff for majorloser's event next weekend :eek:
Hi JV and thanks for sharing. Be sure to have fun at Major's event next weekend. Wished I could attend as I surely would be there. If you can, please take some pics to share with us that can NOT be there. Been watching some movies myself today. Got to see Vantage Point, Drillbit Taylor, and How To Rob a Bank-all (3) were decent movies. However, Vantage Point was the better of the (3) imho. Lots of bass in that I thought my room was going to come apart. :eek::eek:

Cheers,

Phil

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
"We will not go quietly into the night!"

Good Morning. In less than an hour, Audioholics from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest audio battle in the history of Internet Direct. "ID." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for your speaker choice... Not from SVS, AV123, or Axiom... but from Paradigm, and Definitive Technology. We are fighting for our right to audition. To demo. And should we win to day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an Brick & Mortar holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to Rock on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Internet Direct Day! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Mazer, top notch! I really enjoyed that.

Hope that your day at the lot wasn't too bad, and that you sold some cars.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Good Morning. In less than an hour, Audioholics from here will join others from around the world. And you will be launching the largest audio battle in the history of Internet Direct. "ID." That word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that today is the Fourth of July, and you will once again be fighting for your speaker choice... Not from SVS, AV123, or Axiom... but from Paradigm, and Definitive Technology. We are fighting for our right to audition. To demo. And should we win to day, the Fourth of July will no longer be known as an Brick & Mortar holiday, but as the day the world declared in one voice: "We will not go quietly into the night!" We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to Rock on! We're going to survive! Today we celebrate our Internet Direct Day! :D

HaHa very funny maz. :D:D But to tell you the truth-it is kinda neat if ya know what I mean..........LOL!!!!! :p:p Maz sorry you have to work today. Hope it is going well.

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
C

chadnliz

Senior Audioholic
So how did everyones day play out?

After my earlier plans were taken care of we were invited by a nearby neighbor over for a cookout with his church members (Methodist Minister) there was fantastic food, "corn hole" and plenty of 4 wheelers to explore his 15 acres. After hanging out there we sat in back yard with a drink and watched no fewer than 7 fireworks shows from a few different towns and private parties and enjoyed the view (we live in the country so no city glow to muss things up. Came inside late and watched the Macy, HDNET and PBS shows on DVR..........it was a great day to relax! Cheers

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
So how did everyones day play out?

After my earlier plans were taken care of we were invited by a nearby neighbor over for a cookout with his church members (Methodist Minister) there was fantastic food, "corn hole" and plenty of 4 wheelers to explore his 15 acres. After hanging out there we sat in back yard with a drink and watched no fewer than 7 fireworks shows from a few different towns and private parties and enjoyed the view (we live in the country so no city glow to muss things up. Came inside late and watched the Macy, HDNET and PBS shows on DVR..........it was a great day to relax! Cheers
Hello Chad hope all is well. It sounds like you have had a good weekend thus far. Me, well I slept in today......:D:D but got up in time to go see Hancock and Get Smart. Both were good movies, but I liked Hancock better. Charlize Theron is absolutely stunning in this one. Never knew she was that darn Hot!!!!! :eek::eek: Anyways, got my grass mowed and plan to grill some tomorrow. Soaking my hickory chips already. Thanks for sharing my friend.

Cheers,

Phil

croseiv

croseiv

Audioholic Samurai
Hello croseiv and thanks for posting. Sounds like you are going to have fun too. Not sure of how bad the flooding is, so be sure to be careful my friend. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,

Phil
Had a blast (LOL!!!). Shot off alot of fireworks last night. It was a lot of fun. There were no flooding issues at all near their locale. Most of that was north and west of them.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
No time off to enjoy the holiday. I work the entire weekend. Same with Memorial day, Labor day, and all the rest of the holiday's.
Sounds like you're only in it for the scratch.

I got drunk and made a pass at my girlfriends sister. :D
Don't tell my girlfriend. :)

Just kidding. My girlfriend already knows. No, really, just kidding.
Actually my girlfriend's 3 sisters, nieces and nephews (and I) rented a beach house for a week. The weather cooperated for a pretty nice cook out. I was the grill man.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I got drunk and made a pass at my girlfriends sister.......My girlfriend already knows.
And you're still breathing? You must have something going for you. :D

BTW, is the sister cute? Desperate? Wanting to move to Tucson? Just asking...no particular reason...

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
Went over to my friend's house on the night of the 4th. He was making some burgers and hotdogs and they had bought some small fireworks. The cool part was that his neighbors had a TON of really big fireworks. We figured they must know somebody who runs a fireworks shop or won a few numbers on the lottery or something. They were lighting them off for more than an hour, we didn't feel like we missed anything by not going to the city's fireworks display :)

Honestly it was kinda surprising that the cops didn't come by.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis