4K UHD with HDR TV's

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
do the current lineup of 4k TV's support xvYCC? I've got a couple blu-ray movies which say "mastered in 4k , maximum picture, expanded color" and the fine print on the jewel box says "expanded color requires xvYCC-enabled TV and Blu-ray player" , before I buy a new 4K TV just wanted to be sure I'm getting the right one.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
do the current lineup of 4k TV's support xvYCC? I've got a couple blu-ray movies which say "mastered in 4k , maximum picture, expanded color" and the fine print on the jewel box says "expanded color requires xvYCC-enabled TV and Blu-ray player" , before I buy a new 4K TV just wanted to be sure I'm getting the right one.
YCbCr444 yes.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Anything new will have no problem with what 4K Blu-ray UHD discs are delivering. Maybe something really cheap won't, but the general lineup of name brands will just be fine across the board. Sony, LG, Samsung for sure. Always, OLED for the win, if budget allows on a main television and if it is overall right for your room/needs.

W

Wardog555

Full Audioholic
Are these the mastered in 4k but only released onto standard blu-ray which is only 1080p and not uhd blu-ray 4k?

I know Sony had a few of these released.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis