4K TVs - Rate the Best Brands

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
Technology in this area is moving so incredible fast so don't blink.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yup yesterday’s news. The LED in whatever form will be brighter soon and bye bye.
You do know that "LED" tvs are LCD with LED backlighting instead of CFL right? QLED is still a form of LCD as well.

OLED is a new tech. QLED is an advancement of an older tech.

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
You do know that "LED" tvs are LCD with LED backlighting instead of CFL right? QLED is still a form of LCD as well.

OLED is a new tech. QLED is an advancement of an older tech.
Yes I simply tossed it in for shits a giggles. Plus you can still find a few that put them at the top. Predominantly across the board though OLED tops most lists. I’m still a LCD fan though but those price drops lately are making me think about snagging up a LG OLED.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Yes I simply tossed it in for shits a giggles. Plus you can still find a few that put them at the top. Predominantly across the board though OLED tops most lists. I’m still a LCD fan though but those price drops lately are making me think about snagging up a LG OLED.
I've never been an LCD fan since I'm sensitive to the artifacts LCD has, but my Sony has impressed me quite a bit.

OLED is tops for PQ, but without knowing how long the panel will last or if burn in is an actual problem, or just image retention (which isn't permanent) I just wouldn't get one at the moment. Prices are getting more normal though which is good for everyone.

M

Masher59

Junior Audioholic
I've never been an LCD fan since I'm sensitive to the artifacts LCD has, but my Sony has impressed me quite a bit.

OLED is tops for PQ, but without knowing how long the panel will last or if burn in is an actual problem, or just image retention (which isn't permanent) I just wouldn't get one at the moment. Prices are getting more normal though which is good for everyone.
Nice to hear I lean towards Sony these days also. I don’t have any of their crazy priced sets but I have a 65” X850E and I just bought a 75” X900E. Seem like solid performers but only time will tell. If they make it half as long as my Panasonic plasma I will be happy.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I don’t have a pattern generator or color temperature analyzer so I have not.
Other than OLED , there is no LCD that touches the now defunct plasmas. If your investing in a display other FP, they are the top option. While LCD tech has gotten a lot better, it still has its same limitations albeit they have gotten better.

As for ISF, if you invest in a top tier display it's worth having done.

Laser FP is the best of the crop for large format

Calvert

Calvert

Audioholic
We own an excellent LG E559100 HDTV. A wise and excellent purchase.

Pure vanity had me wanting an 4K OLED 65". I researched the market place in great detail. The top two were the Sony A1E and LG OLED C7P. If we had purchased one it would have been the LG. The Sony A1E was approximately $3.5K with the LG about $2.6K. Cost killed the upgrade.

A

amayseng

Audioholic
Lg OLED is great despite burn in and retention. However their 2017 line is garbage.
Sony is excellent as lonf as you go fald not edge lit.
Tcl is a solid contender. Their p series is excellent and getting better this year with 24 more local diming zones.
Panasonic is the best but are mainly everywhere but usa because marketing sucks and so do usa consumers as they are like sheep.

If you are rich enough to replace oleds after burn in go with that.
If not tcl, sony fald or Panasonic

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I have to Samsung 4K displays, one of them curved, the other non curved and I love the picture quality of both them with excelkent black levels and shadow detail. The curved unit is going on two years of age now without any hickups. My old Vizio which must be close to 10 years is also performing without troubke but it lacks the bkack resolution of the Sammies.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis