$499 DVD projector, anybody seen it?

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
LumenLab has a 480p front projector offered for $499 (their screens start at 79) with a $30 replacement bulb.

Has anybody seen one of these in action? Does it look good or is the picture all washed out? I know HDTV is making EDTV look less spectacular, but some of us are holding off on 1080p while the format war plays out and prices come down, its not like we don't have 10,000 DVDs sitting around, and 480p is native for the Nintendo Wii (and we wanna gold in life-size!). Plus its like, $500 new.

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I haven't personally seen one, but what I've read doesn't make me optimistic. First, it uses a 6" or 7" LCD panel from a portable DVD player with the bulb behind it.:eek: The screenshots don't look good, either- that isn't ironclad evidence as screenshots often don't do justice to a picture, but it's useful for comparison. Lastly, why bother? You can get a "real" projector for not much more money.

BTW, I will confess that I'd once considered it for a 2nd system for videogames. :eek:

jaydog67

jaydog67

Enthusiast
not a good choice

I have read reviews also and although its around 500.00 your about 200.00 short of the price range where product and quality come to a meetig point. Basically your getting a great deal but not so great quality. I wouldn't sacrifice the later, save for a month or two and get the one that will make your eyes water

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis