4-inch speaker wood, and specs recommendation

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
so you know everything about me, you think i don't appreciate other people knowledge . ok think what every you want. the person that commented that useless comment saying "Well you can't fight physics. The lowest note you will ever get without roll off form that speaker is north of 100 Hz no matter what box you put it in. The Fs absolutely puts a line under the low-end frequency response. You can think what you want, but you will be wrong." soo putting them in a box won't make them sound better and yet he said that's...you know what never mind. as i repeat to the other guy forget this post, please.

p.s. call me whatever you want, heck, even if you report me to admin, if i get banned its ok. i asked a simple question and got some back answers back which i appreciate what they told me but i didn't ask for that kind of comment which made no sense what so ever. thank you have a great day.
I think perhaps, you should go and read some more on the subject before responding in such a hostile manner. Whether it wasn't what you want to hear or you don't understand it, you're getting sound advice. Go check out some diy forums (maybe even the diy sub forum right here and post your questions there. Though I doubt many will want to offer advice to you with the way you respond to it.

F

fpresiado

Enthusiast
The feedback you got made complete, logical sense. It is you who seem offended because it's information beyond your level of understanding. Instead of saying you don't understand it you lash out. What class and grace you have.

To further expound upon this, I clearly stated that I don't know how old you are. I know nothing about you and like all others here, we can only go by what you write. It's apparent you didn't understand what was said, the meaning of it, and took it as criticism. For you to assail a long-term, highly respected and truly knowledgeable member of this community is an affront to us all.
I did understand it 100%, it's you that is not understanding my point of view, you are only understanding the way you know your own understanding. I for one do not know many things as i get older i learn more, one important thing I learned in my life is to understand how people see things before giving my input. it seems like you haven't learned that yet. You cannot tell how the person feels through text or what they really mean by it, you misinterpret my text. If you and i would be talking face to face about this conversation you would see it a whole different way, you would then understand me. Please try to understand a person point of view next time.

P.S. I unsubscribed this post you replying back will be a waste of time. have a good day.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I (and many others) understand a lot more about you than you wish to believe.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Hello, I purchased nvx vsp4 speaker series. I would like to build a box for them but I cannot find the specs for a box they will sound good in. What kind of wood and what dimension will these speakers you guys think will sound good. I'm not looking for heavy hitting bass. looking for more of a thump, but if I can get some bass out of them sure why not. Some customer on amazon said he used these specs for the speakers. "I used these to make a bluetooth speaker box. Put them in a Mahogany box with Maple end caps. Box volume is .3 cubic feet, divide into two chambers of ~.13cu/ft with 3" long 1" ports, effectively tuning it to ~40hz. recommendation
Those are car speakers, not made to be installed in a wooden box. They may work well, so try using the dimensions posted by the Amazon guy as a starting point. MDF, cabinet-grade plywood, hardwood- it won't matter because they aren't moving enough air to make a difference.

Argue all you want, but Physics governs EVERYTHING. The speakers can only do what their physical characteristics allow and a box won't change that. It will, however, make them sound different from the way they sound in a car's door. Beyond that, go and experiment to find the best results.

By the way- when you receive accurate information that isn't what you want to hear, don't yell at the people who deliver it. They have far more experience with this than you do, so you might want to do more research before telling them to forget about this thread (which you seem to be using instead of "Go and pound sand").

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis