4:3 pc monitor obsolete or good deals??

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I have pretty much everything but PS2 and up on my shield TV. Even game cube games run well.

I use my PC for PS2 and Wii (haven't played with Wii U yet, but it's supposedly very good on the PC).

Old consoles are great, and I have quite a few, but I don't want to kill them when the experience is 99% as good emulated on my shield TV.
I’ve never had a shield tv but do you have to rebuy ever classic game on steam or the cloud to play them ? No way they have every classic game .

Reptilians invading in year 2025
Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I have pretty much everything but PS2 and up on my shield TV. Even game cube games run well.

I use my PC for PS2 and Wii (haven't played with Wii U yet, but it's supposedly very good on the PC).

Old consoles are great, and I have quite a few, but I don't want to kill them when the experience is 99% as good emulated on my shield TV.
I’ve never had a shield tv but do you have to rebuy ever classic game on steam or the cloud to play them ? No way they have every classic game .
Had no idea. DVI input could have a copyright stopping it from corn working .

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
You really need to learn how to Google terms you don't understand.

I did not say the input was copyrighted. I said the input SUPPORTS copyright protection (HDCP).

Digital video carried on DVI and HDMI connections can be encrypted with copyright protection. The data itself. And while all modern TVs support HDCP, in one form or another, older TVs and monitors didn't always support HDCP copyright protection on their digital inputs. Especially with computer monitors and early digital televisions.

Newer 4K TVs support copyright projection HDCP 2.2.

TRY THIS LINK IT WILL HELP YOU OUT IMMENSELY:
It takes to a page we’re no links work lol
What is copyright protection and how does it effects the 2002-2010 pc monitors I was looking at. ? They don’t seem that old just smaller then today’s average pc screen 22-26”z
In lost so the inputs won’t work ?with older devices PS3? Etc Xbox

Is that why on my first generation Samsung hdtv it wouldn’t work with Xbox 360 e?

Tesla spoken to them

Last edited:
Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
People at work get PISSED when I send them those links. Worth it.
R.I.P. can you send better links at home or direct links to the information

This is one of my devices that have hdmi Sync issues from around 2005-2008 year tv
Samsung TX-S3079WH HDMI issue with XBox 360 E
Not going to reboot the same thread on here

Tesla spoken to them

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord

This is one of my devices that have hdmi Sync issues from around 2005-2008 year tv
Samsung TX-S3079WH HDMI issue with XBox 360 E
Not going to reboot the same thread on here

Tesla spoken to them

Dude. Literally type your questions into Google. Big time saver.

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
He is quite literally telling you to google some of your questions as they are very easily answered with a simple search.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
He is quite literally telling you to google some of your questions as they are very easily answered with a simple search.
Why are some of the older monitors clear and some of widescreens are not high def enough? I don’t ask anything I haven’t already searched on google multiple times .

How did he post a robotic google search ? Aliens oh my
Tesla spoken to them

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Why are some of the older monitors clear and some of widescreens are not high def enough? I don’t ask anything I haven’t already searched on google multiple times .

How did he post a robotic google search ? Aliens oh my
Tesla spoken to them
Resolution.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Resolution.
So the higher resolution and high end brand models will always be better is that why the 1280x 1024 Samsung is better ? Then a 720 acer

Tesla spoken to them

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord

Nice! Yeah, I've heard the shield is one of the better devices for emulators.

When you have a little time, you should go to Youtube and watch some of the videos from ETAPrime.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Nice! Yeah, I've heard the shield is one of the better devices for emulators.

When you have a little time, you should go to Youtube and watch some of the videos from ETAPrime.
A friend of mine sent me his video on the 2019 shield and how it wasn't much of an upgrade, but still a powerful emulation device. Mine have been excellent since day one.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
A friend of mine sent me his video on the 2019 shield and how it wasn't much of an upgrade, but still a powerful emulation device. Mine have been excellent since day one.
ETAPrime is definitely one of the best resources for emulation, RPi, and several other devices. He does some really excellent step-by-step tutorials for configs and hacking devices.

Also, Madlittlepixel is worth checking out. He does a lot more rambling and less tutorials than ETA, so I don't think he is quite as good a resource in that dept. But, he is also more gaming and retro-gaming focused too.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
ETAPrime is definitely one of the best resources for emulation, RPi, and several other devices. He does some really excellent step-by-step tutorials for configs and hacking devices.

Also, Madlittlepixel is worth checking out. He does a lot more rambling and less tutorials than ETA, so I don't think he is quite as good a resource in that dept. But, he is also more gaming and retro-gaming focused too.
Yeah one day I smoked a little for first time in a year and was trying to hook the wrong input into my laptop could not find a converter cable anywhere I’ll get pic . Too bad you cannot hook 3 screens together that would be crazy haha

Tesla spoken to them

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
Wow that one tv has horrible contrast!! $25 on fb market worst then a old crt
This might be it
Look like what the picture I wouldn’t pay $25 for this junk rptv
Tesla spoken to them

cornemuse

cornemuse

Junior Audioholic
First flat panel monitor I bought was a 'Microteck' 19" 4-3. $750.00 It lasted almost 10 years. They dont make/sell mons anymore.
Started using my Samsung 27" ws, but I dont like it for inet use. (the widescreen part). I bought an 'EISO' 21" 4-3 mon about a year ago ($1,000±), & I do love it! Its next to the 27" Sammy & is about ½" shorter than the Sam. Only use it online, but every day.

-c-

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
First flat panel monitor I bought was a 'Microteck' 19" 4-3. $750.00 It lasted almost 10 years. They dont make/sell mons anymore.
Started using my Samsung 27" ws, but I dont like it for inet use. (the widescreen part). I bought an 'EISO' 21" 4-3 mon about a year ago ($1,000±), & I do love it! Its next to the 27" Sammy & is about ½" shorter than the Sam. Only use it online, but every day.

-c-
You got a. $1000 monitors? Wow nice what model number any pictures? Amazin

Is this true ? I googled a bit
1280x1024 is a 5:4 aspect ratio. More or less just slightly wider than 4:3 aspect ratio.

Tesla spoken to them

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
You got a. $1000 monitors? Wow nice what model number any pictures? Amazin

Is this true ? I googled a bit
1280x1024 is a 5:4 aspect ratio. More or less just slightly wider than 4:3 aspect ratio.
1280 divided by 5 is 256. Multiply that by 4 and you'll have your answer. That's one way to determine the aspect ratio. Try it with 16:9 1920x1080. Be amazed

cornemuse

cornemuse

Junior Audioholic
This: (I keep the box in an unused bathroom tub!)

https://www.eizo.com/products/flexscan/s2133/

The '2133' = 21.3" size.

Was same price everywhere, I got it from Staples, , , ,

('nuther thing, you can go into settings & check the actual hours the machine has been on, ie powered up, on mine, the warrantee is for the hours its been on, no matter how long you own it. )

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis