3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Its modest but it works like a charm...

Last edited:
H

hjustin

Audioholic
Those PSB speakers sure are pretty.

What mounting brackets did you use to mount your rear left and right surround speakers?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
You need a bigger sub. :D
My next upgrade.. Looking at getting the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX subwoofer. Its going to take some financial wrangling and smoothing talking. The little PSB does alright though hitting the low 30s quite hard.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Looks awesome, how do you like the rear center, and do you find it has to be far behind the seating to get good effects?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Looks awesome, how do you like the rear center, and do you find it has to be far behind the seating to get good effects?
Room correction facilities on AVR adjusts both loudness and time delay with respect to the seating position so it does offer placement flexibility WRT the distance behind the listening position. As long as the rears are not too close that is. As you can see, my room is rather narrow so the effects are subtle. If I had to describe a change, any pans going across the rear channels are more seemless. I purchased that rear center channel used for dirt cheap. That is the only reason why I have it. I was perfectly happy with the 5.1. If my room was wider, I think it would make a bigger impact.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
My next upgrade.. Looking at getting the Outlaw Audio LFM-1 EX subwoofer. Its going to take some financial wrangling and smoothing talking. The little PSB does alright though hitting the low 30s quite hard.
LFM-1 EX is an awesome sub. I've got mine in max output mode, +1.5 on the AVR, and only about a quarter turn on the gain knob. Still get tons of bass.

Highly recommend.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
LFM-1 EX is an awesome sub. I've got mine in max output mode, +1.5 on the AVR, and only about a quarter turn on the gain knob. Still get tons of bass.

Highly recommend.
Its going to take a lot of smooth talking to get this sub.. Way more than Alex is prepared to do!! :D :p

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Decided to put in a back light

I haven't had time or money to rewire the basement lighting. I always have to walk around the corner of the room by the stairwell to turn off the lights before watching the movie. I then got a sudden revelation of adding a back light and I had purchased a small Ikea unit designed to be mounted on Ikea shelves for my daughter and she didn't want it. Thought it ugly which it is. I duct taped the lamp into the positon of where I wanted it and watched 20 minutes of Inception before deciding it worked really well. I then properly fastened it into location. I'll have pictures up soon.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Its modest but it works like a charm...
Yes, dedicated AV rooms are a good family get away. My wife says it is her favorite room in the house.

As for all of us, unless you have an acoustically transparent projector screen, center channel placement is a problem without an ideal solution. The old over/under conundrum.

How high is your center tweeter above the tweeters in your mains? Mine is 2 ft, and I just about get away it.

The under over was a big dilemma for me. However I decided that coverage of the whole room would be better over, especially the rear seats, even though it spaced the tweeters further. I think that was the correct solution, but I guess I will never be certain.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I fastened the light underneath the wall shelf that holds my center channel. From the seating position, you barely see the light fixture. I may remedy that and try to paint it flat black to hide it better.

Here are some pics...

I'm off to finish watching "Inception"

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes, dedicated AV rooms are a good family get away. My wife says it is her favorite room in the house.

As for all of us, unless you have an acoustically transparent projector screen, center channel placement is a problem without an ideal solution. The old over/under conundrum.

How high is your center tweeter above the tweeters in your mains? Mine is 2 ft, and I just about get away it.

The under over was a big dilemma for me. However I decided that coverage of the whole room would be better over, especially the rear seats, even though it spaced the tweeters further. I think that was the correct solution, but I guess I will never be certain.
I measured the height from tweeter of the mains to mid point of the center and its 27" . I notice no holes in the sound field.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I fastened the light underneath the wall shelf that holds my center channel. From the seating position, you barely see the light fixture. I may remedy that and try to paint it flat black to hide it better.

Here are some pics...

I'm off to finish watching "Inception"
They always say that having some ambient lighting around the TV actually helps viewing because scenes in movies can go from very dark to fairly bright and it saves the eyes that shock every single time.

That would be a bit bright for me, but hey as long as it works for you it's awesome :D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
They always say that having some ambient lighting around the TV actually helps viewing because scenes in movies can go from very dark to fairly bright and it saves the eyes that shock every single time.

That would be a bit bright for me, but hey as long as it works for you it's awesome :D
Its not as bright as the picture looks. However, I'll pick up some dimmer bulbs to see what effect softening the light does. Its miles better than what I had previously of having the light on in adjoining room.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
5 stars mate love it how does the rear center channel sound?
Given the small space that they are in, I would say subtle at best. I think I would get better effects if the room was wider.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
You would think the sub location is really strange but putting the sub at the listener position and doing the bass crawl put the sub exactly in that position behind the listener area. I wonder when I upgrade the sub if the position will mov to the more conventional location of being up front between the front speaker and wall.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I had the brilliant idea of plugging that light into one of the two spare receptacles located on the back of my receiver. Now I can control the lamp via the harmony and have it turn on and off everytime I use the receiver. Cheap mans way of home automation. :p

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The bulbs in that backlight lamp are 25 watt Haolgens in a G9 format. The lowest wattage output I cand find is 20watts. May be I can find an infared remote control dimmer.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis