3db's/family get away.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice. Where is the Vizio in the basement?
Thanks. Yeah the Vizio is in the basement.. Dam TV just won't die and its picture is still clear. No bargaining power with my Better Half while the TV is still working well. :)

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Pretend you dropped something in the back of the TV and your butt got in the way. Tripped on the TV cord. Honey we need a new TV.:D

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I watched the playoffs last night between Montreal and Ottawa running the video and sound through the 1500. The sports sound affect on the 1500 is not as well done as the 1800 in the basement.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I tested the secondary system out yesterday with the DVD copy of Live, Die, and Repeat just to see how my little PSB sub would handle that extra low end at the start of the flick. It went low but stopped digging to the bottom layers of that sub track as expected without any ill side affects. However, I will have to rerun YPAO because the sub output level is a little weak for my tastes. The receiver's level of the sub is set at the minimum level of the AVR. I also can't raise the level of the sub setting on the AVR without it disabling YPAO. I will rerun YPAO with the sub's gain set to 1/4 mark, save the setting and then turn the gain up a biyt on the sub to suit my tastes.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I will rerun YPAO with the sub's gain set to 1/4 mark, save the setting and then turn the gain up a bit on the sub to suit my tastes.
It's funny how after a while you get to know what you're listening to and what you like. Sure is nice when you get it just right. The little tweaks and sometimes cheats are almost as good as getting a bigger amp.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
It's funny how after a while you get to know what you're listening to and what you like. Sure is nice when you get it just right. The little tweaks and sometimes cheats are almost as good as getting a bigger amp.
Yep... :) Its fun to tweek. Yesterday I also added some of the AVRs functionality (standard surround to get me ProLogic, PrologicII, etc ) that was missing, into the Logitech remote. I didn't know I was missing it until I went to call for it and it wasn't there having to use the Yammy remote instead. :)

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Almost......

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I dialed down the gain on the sub, skipped all the settings except for level and reran YPAO . Now the AVR has its level sub smack in the middle of its output so it gives me some room to play without having to pull the entertainment center back from the wall to manually adjust the gain. I bumped up the gain a little on the sub before pushing the entertainment center back in position.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I was using my first non networked media player (Iomega Screenplay which has an internal 1TB drive) as a back up unit for a 1TB Seagate drive that was attached to my WD TV Live Plus. Now that I have my media transferred to from a Seagate drive to a 3TB WD MyBook, I'm decided to use the Iomega as my media player for my secondary system. Updating its media contents is a bit of PIA in that I have to disconnect it from the secondary system and attach it to the PC but I'm willing to work with it like that for the time being. :)

Here are some pics.

Attachments

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Is there a USB device one can buy that could make this the Iomega a networked unit?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
We (Mrs & I) have purchased a 2083sq ft town home (includes finished part of basement) in a down sizing exercise which we take pocession in Jun 2017. So I'm planning ahead to see what options I have as far setting up my 2nd system on the ground floor. Below is the floor plan and we are ordering the gourmet kitchen. It is an end unit which will have windows all around the great room. The system will most likely be set up on the wall between the two windows on the right side of the ground floor. Flooring is hardwood. I'm trying to figure out how to get the surrounds that will be on stands about 10ft out from that wall without tripping over wires.

town_home.jpg
town_home.jpg

Please don;t respond here. I've posted this in setup thread as well as its more appropriate there.

Last edited:
3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
The new audio rack has finally replaced the old Ikea TV stand for my Home Theater setup. There is some cleanup to be done for sure on the wiring.

new_audio_rack.jpg

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
The new audio rack has finally replaced the old Ikea TV stand for my Home Theater setup. There is some cleanup to be done for sure on the wiring.

View attachment 19694
That Z-line be looking very fine just like sweet wine.....LOL!!!!! :p:p:D:p:p No really, it looks very good! Like you, I have a mess of wires to clean up too. However, I will get to it once I move my desk. Just don't move as fast as I used to....LOL!!!! Congrats!

Cheers,

Phil

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Nice, what rack is that?
Its a Z-line Baltic

I have to say that the instructions and parts labelling/organization for putting this together is top notch and clear. The best I've ever seen. It took me only 2 hours to put it together. Its a one man job.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
Its a Z-line Baltic

I have to say that the instructions and parts labeling/organization for putting this together is top notch and clear. The best I've ever seen. It took me only 2 hours to put it together. Its a one man job.
Thanks, yea I just got a Z-line Merako with the integrated TV stand. Definitely good directions. My only complaint with the Merako was that they wanted you to glue so many things and provided an insufficient amount of glue. Oh well, Gorilla glue to the rescue.

Very nice.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis