3D: The Most Predictable Flop in Recent History

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Just bought my new TV and it is 3D. Didn't have a choice because the options I wanted don't come on a model that ISN'T 3D. I only own one 3D movie, which also was sort of "forced" on me as the version of Tron I wanted (with the both films) only came with both films AND the 3D version. I don't really intend to make 3D a purchase point, and I still don't see a huge number of titles being released, which should be very telling.

Last edited:
skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
Bring on smell-o-roma.
A movie about steel workers smells like heated metal.
A movie about volcanos smells like sulfer.
A movie about strippers smells like.... wait... maybe this aint such a good idea afterall.
It was Odo-rama when I smelled it. I had a card from one John Waters' movies, can't recall which, but when the icon appeared on the screen, you scratch and sniff, things like 3 day old armpits, stale peanut butter and some things I won't mention.

Aside from 3D glasses and Oro-rama, there have also been seats wired with buzzers to startle viewers, special two-color glasses that would allow you to see or not see ghosts and GOK what else.

I keep hoping that 3D will go the way of Ghost Glasses.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I setup the new TV and tried out TRON3D last night and WOW. Maybe it is a gimmick, but it sure is cool. It actually looks better on my TV than what I've seen in theaters. Does that mean I will run out and start buying 3D movies or start watching everything in 3D? Not likely. The glasses are surprisingly inexpensive now and work very well, and actually are not uncomfortable. I bought 2 pairs of bluetooth active glasses for just $65.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis