37" and 26" TV's gone?

S

Soundmaster89

Audioholic Intern
Hey guys,
The other day i was just randomly looking at some TV's just to see whats up and get myself up to date with things (haven't actively looking at TV's since mine are still good and i don't have issues or need to be replaced) now as i was looking around i noticed 37" and 26" are gone! why is that? Demand? i just find it odd going from a 37" back to a 32" I was like :eek: lol plus "if" my 37" or my 26" breaks they are not able to fix it either right?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hey guys,
The other day i was just randomly looking at some TV's just to see whats up and get myself up to date with things (haven't actively looking at TV's since mine are still good and i don't have issues or need to be replaced) now as i was looking around i noticed 37" and 26" are gone! why is that? Demand? i just find it odd going from a 37" back to a 32" I was like :eek: lol plus "if" my 37" or my 26" breaks they are not able to fix it either right?
Two reasons
1. Cost for size is low
2. Viewing on that small of set is typically are on computer displays. Which are where you look for that size.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
As the prices have dropped, the price difference between a 24" and a 32" TV are not so great and most people are just buying a larger TV because their wallet doesn't feel too much pain.
Thus, the market has largely shifted to larger screens and the marketability if odd-ball sizes like 26" and 37" TV's is pretty poor.
I don't know what determines which sizes become standard (24" certainly has become a standard) and which are odd-ball, but if you have a special nook for a TV and you need a 37" to fit, you are SOL.
The more common buyer, not having that restriction, would simply buy a 42" (or larger) to replace the 37"!
I have a friend who found a 43" TV to fit her entertainment center perfectly. She is lucky because (assuming she wants to keep the entertainment center forever - and it is a full wall of her house) the more standard 42" size still looks reasonable.

S

Soundmaster89

Audioholic Intern
@everettT @KEW First off thanks for the explanation and i completely understand it. There is only one real issue i have have with this its SPACE like for my main setup for example my 37" which there is no way i can fit the next size up on my stand because of my room setup i would love to mount it on the wall but i can't because my landlord doesn't allows me to but if i have to get a 32" next so be it . And i know a 26" is pretty much a computer display but again space is the issue if i put the next size up in the same location i would damage the screen in a heart beat because my door knob would smack the screen if i open the door. #oddissuestohaveiknow As i watched college football yesterday (penn state game so i had alot of time to think about it lol #boringgame) i thought could i get a curved TV (smallest size) to help with my space issue for my 37" setup or is my thinking screwed up? it probably is :D lol

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Double check your size requirements. The 40" displays are not much larger than the old 37s. Vizio sells a 39.

S

Soundmaster89

Audioholic Intern
No way its too wide for the space i would put the TV on none of the TV i looked at would fit. And i thought of Vizio but none of the places i get my TV's from sells Vizio. Never saw them here in europe except online and thats a no no for me i wanna see the TV in action before i buy it. Next week i go to my fav store to see what they got and to get my head back in the game. Really haven't paid much attention to TV in general lately they look nicer then the screens in the past thats the only thing i have noticed :D other then the 4K hype QLED ultra4K i have no idea about all that only care about a nice picture for my needs and a few functions my TV must have.

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
No way its too wide for the space i would put the TV on none of the TV i looked at would fit. And i thought of Vizio but none of the places i get my TV's from sells Vizio. Never saw them here in europe except online and thats a no no for me i wanna see the TV in action before i buy it. Next week i go to my fav store to see what they got and to get my head back in the game. Really haven't paid much attention to TV in general lately they look nicer then the screens in the past thats the only thing i have noticed :D other then the 4K hype QLED ultra4K i have no idea about all that only care about a nice picture for my needs and a few functions my TV must have.
How much width do you have to work with?

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
With just the difference in bezel thickness from a few years back I'd think you'd be able to find a 40" that would fit where that 37" goes. From a quick search on best buy, there are a few 39" models from Hisense and Insignia (around 35 inches wide), and some 40" models from Samsung and TCL (around 36 inches wide). Next popular size down is 32", which is around 29" wide.

S

sterling shoote

Audioholic Field Marshall
23825592441_e2c42919d3_z.jpg
As the prices have dropped, the price difference between a 24" and a 32" TV are not so great and most people are just buying a larger TV because their wallet doesn't feel too much pain.
Thus, the market has largely shifted to larger screens and the marketability if odd-ball sizes like 26" and 37" TV's is pretty poor.
I don't know what determines which sizes become standard (24" certainly has become a standard) and which are odd-ball, but if you have a special nook for a TV and you need a 37" to fit, you are SOL.
The more common buyer, not having that restriction, would simply buy a 42" (or larger) to replace the 37"!
I have a friend who found a 43" TV to fit her entertainment center perfectly. She is lucky because (assuming she wants to keep the entertainment center forever - and it is a full wall of her house) the more standard 42" size still looks reasonable.
My entertainment center, a CWD unit, was designed to specifically accommodate the 200 lb Mitsubishi 35 inch CRT. When that TV broke down I purchased a 39 inch Panasonic to go into the space previously occupied by the Mitsubishi. The 39 inch Panasonic was the biggest set at that time which would fit. About a week ago I replaced the Panasonic with a Sony KD-43X720E. This 43 inch set fits my entertainment center's TV space perfectly, with just about 1/64 inch to spare. So, at this point I've got the biggest TV the entertainment center can handle. Now, I mention all of this since it appears there are a lot of folks who have very, very expensive entertainment centers like me who do not want, for one reason or another, to tear down those units to have a bigger TV. I think that's why we see the 43 inch sets now, biggest sets to fit the home entertainment centers installed back in the late 1980's. Also, the 43 inch set seems to fit the needs of the hotel/motel market.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis