33" Subwoofer Drivers

edgewound

edgewound

Audioholic Intern
The military has experimented with weaponizing sound, right? I could see it being effective to a point, but I'd think the power requirements would be pretty extreme.
The military is the home of extreme. they have the means to power it. I believe Danley has supplied systems housed in shipping containers.

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
The military has experimented with weaponizing sound, right? I could see it being effective to a point, but I'd think the power requirements would be pretty extreme.
Yes they have, including infrasonics. Whether fielded or in development I can't say, but a simple google rabbit hole will keep you busy for a bit. :)

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Yes they have, including infrasonics. Whether fielded or in development I can't say, but a simple google rabbit hole will keep you busy for a bit. :)
Yeah, I've spent a little bit of time down that rabbit hole. They were looking for a frequency that might disorient or make enemy troops nauseous or something. Which incidentally kinda covers looking for the brown note, lol. To my knowledge there isn't really a brown note, but intuitively it seems like it could be a thing.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Yeah, I've spent a little bit of time down that rabbit hole. They were looking for a frequency that might disorient or make enemy troops nauseous or something. Which incidentally kinda covers looking for the brown note, lol. To my knowledge there isn't really a brown note, but intuitively it seems like it could be a thing.
You could combine the military systems, like combining the Matterhorn sub system with that one that played loud crappy pop/rock music for Noriega, for a nice bi-amped system :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis