speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sadly, at 3:48 PM yesterday my Stepdad passed away at the ripe old age of 89. He was a remarkable man that has been the ONLY dad that I have ever known. Donald was married to my Mom for over 30-years. Out of high school, Donald earned a full scholarship to play football at the University of Louisville. However, he later joined the Navy where Donald studied electricity. After 2-years or so Donald got a job with the telephone company where he worked for over 45-years. Then, after early retirement Donald bought and ran a business for nearly 20-years. Still yet, Donald worked at our local Walmart for almost 6-years. Needless to say, my Stepdad worked his entire life. He will certainly be missed as he touched so many lives-including mine! Job well done. May Donald RIP! :(:(:(

Respectfully submitted,

Phil

PS: For any of you who believe in the power of prayer my family could certainly use some. It would be most appreciated. Thanks!

TechHDS

Audioholic General
Phil, this saddens me, may You and Your family find peace in your times of need! Many blessings to You and Your family Phil.

Mike

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
My father in law passed away this month last year. My wifes struggled all year and is about to deal with the first anniversary. I wish you well! I fear the pain never goes away and they say the first year is the toughest. But 89s a good run!

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@nbk13nw , @TechHDS , and @Drunkpenguin thanks a bunch for your kind words. It is very much appreciated. Drunk very sorry for you and yours loss as well. I agree in that my Stepdad had an incredible long life. All he ever knew was work. That, of course, he did very well. Suffice it to say that I am very proud of him and the example he made.:)

Cheers,

Phil

Last edited:
Out-Of-Phase

Out-Of-Phase

Audioholic General
Wow, speakerman39, I am sorry. I lost my mother this year, she was 96. She lived a long life.

I hope you can find peace and comfort especially during the upcoming holidays.

Thanks for all your posts over the years, they have helped a lot of people.

CB22

CB22

Senior Audioholic
Donald sounds one hell of a man with one hell of a work ethic. Stay strong Phil. My prayers.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
@its phillip and @Out-Of-Phase thank you for your kind words. Wow Phase it is good to hear your Mom made it to 96. Lost mine when she was 72 back in 2012. However, my Grandfather made it to 100! Losing a family member is no joke. I emphasize with everyone here that has.

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Donald sounds one hell of a man with one hell of a work ethic. Stay strong Phil. My prayers.
Thanks so much. Donald was an extraordinary man. Never ever complained about anything no matter how bad things got. He could be in severe pain and you would never even know it. Heck, Donald would not even let me help him all the way to his passing. My Mom was like that too. Both are certainly missed.

Cheers,

Phil

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Phil, your stepdad Donald sounds like he was quite a guy. You're clearly proud of him.

Keep that memory of him strong over the years, and you'll grow stronger by doing so. It worked that way for me, and I pray it happens for you as well.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Phil, your stepdad Donald sounds like he was quite a guy. You're clearly proud of him.

Keep that memory of him strong over the years, and you'll grow stronger by doing so. It worked that way for me, and I pray it happens for you as well.
Thanks a bunch Richard for your words of encouragement. It goes a long ways here and is very much appreciated. You are correct in that I am very proud of my Stepdad. :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Once again thanks to you all for the well wishes and prayers. My family is so very thankful as we believe in the power of prayer. It truly makes a difference. I am forever grateful! :)

Cheers,

Phil

S

snakeeyes

Audioholic Ninja
Sorry to hear about your loss. Prayers going out for you and your loved ones.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry to hear it man. Always tough.
Thanks Alex. I agree losing a loved one is very tough. But, I am also grateful that my Stepdad did not suffer too much. Knowing that he is at peace now with the Good Lord carries me through. Donald led an amazing life and had a work ethic like no other. :)

Cheers,

Phil

D

Drunkpenguin

Audioholic Chief
When my father in law passed my wife flew to california for the funeral. She didnt want the kids to go through that so I stayed home with them. While she was gone we planted a tree in the back yard to remember and celebrate him. It seemed to really help the entire family.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
When my father in law passed my wife flew to california for the funeral. She didnt want the kids to go through that so I stayed home with them. While she was gone we planted a tree in the back yard to remember and celebrate him. It seemed to really help the entire family.
There is no doubt that funerals can be a very traumatic experience for children. I know this from my own personal experience when my Grandfather committed suicide. I was only 8-years of age at the time and it still haunts me today. So, I applaud what you and your wife did. The idea of planting a tree is a great idea. Just may do the same exact thing myself if my land-lord does not mind. Thanks for the suggestion. It is already helping! :)

Cheers,

Phil

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
Sure is much more to settling the estate of my Stepdad than I ever thought. All of the legalities can be a bit overwhelming to say the least. Lets just say so far it has been an eye opening experience! ;)

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis