2nd subwoofer wiring

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Or I could...? add 2 onkyo speakers but then I run into having another Frankenstein. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for but I was raised a penny pincher. So few things I will buy fresh out of the box.. just the way I am

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The dipole speakers are not gonna do much for you unless you have multiple rows of seats FWIW. For HT the Klipsch would ok, but for critical listening they are very subjective.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
This set

I like this a lot better than what you’ve got. And imo, a good 5.1 system WILL be better than a NOT good 7.1. In my house I have two, 5.1 systems and one 7.3.4. The main one started as 5.1 and progressed to Atmos. I mentioned to a forum friend the other day, I would NEVER go back from 7.3.4 in my main space, but the rear surrounds are not that significant. I also said to him, 5.1.2 is better than 7.1. I know you’re not there yet, but I want to give you my impressions through experience what matters. 5.x done right can be badass.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Used is a great way to find savings on speakers, but I'd pass on that range of Klipsch myself, not one of their better efforts (I prefer monopoles for surrounds, too).

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Being I have just bought a house and all the money spent renovating. I will pose this question as I'm relatively tight on money. I came across a 5 speaker set (center, 2 towers and 2 surround) of klipsch synergy 2 for 400.. I know they are quality speakers but would I be better with a 5.1 or 5.2 klipsch set or my 7.2 onkyo speaker set? Am I going to get THAT much difference in the speakers to make up for the 2 less speakers?

5.1 vs 7.1 audio...yes, assuming you have the room depth, there is some difference, but understand the rear surrounds typically get mostly sound effects and not as much content as the side surrounds...as I've mentioned in other threads, if you intend to stream most of your movie content from Netflix, Amazon, etc. of the two formats, the overwhelming majority of the content will be formatted 5.1 from my experience.

7.1...you have the room depth, and don't mind working with physical media to get 7.1 content.

Klipsch vs Onkyo speakers...I've never heard any Onkyo speakers so I can't comment on those, but I have heard Klipsch, but not that model. I've forgotten if it was you that had the B&Ws or not...if so I would keep them and just go phantom CC or with a mixmatched CC until you're ready to invest something better...used is a great way to get into better quality speakers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis