$260 set of bic towers

S

smoke68_61

Junior Audioholic
I found on parts-express a bic rtr 1530 tower for about $130 a tower shipped. So 2 would be around $260... Anybody heard of these or could I do better for $260?

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Wow! $87 with free shipping. I thought $100 was a killer deal! How low can they go!!!

Amazon changes price at a moments notice (I suspect they use software that detects the rate an item is selling. If it is faster than a given rate, they figure the price is too low and raise it. If it is selling too slow, the price is decreased). The seller often knows how much inventory they have to move, and how quickly, so they can maximize their profit using this type of algorithm. I may be full of shineola on this, but it would explain the seemingly random way prices fluctuate on Amazon.

To the OP, I agree with the others. The Pioneers are known to be exceptional. While it is possible that the BIC's may be just as good, it is not likely - based on many other speakers which have been evaluated in this price range.
It is better to go with a known quantity (the Pioneers) than gamble.

S

smoke68_61

Junior Audioholic
Wow!!! That is cheap!! Wonder how they compare to klipsch?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Very well and I like Klipsch. Believe us these are great for the price. Just don't get the Pioneer sub. You can check them out at Best Buy, just bring your own CD's.

S

smoke68_61

Junior Audioholic
Cool! I'm wondering also, my reciever says 8ohm 4ohm min. These are 6ohm will it work for these?

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
YES! What are you using them for 2ch stereo or 5.1?

D

DundeeScot78

Enthusiast
I haven't heard the BIC's, but I set up my new Pioneers yesterday, and they are simply astounding for the $87/each I paid. I was afraid they were just internet hype, and was prepared to be disappointed, but I wasn't. At all. Don't bother thinking it over or auditioning them at some chain store where they'll be drowned out by background noise, just believe the reviews and nab a pair before they go back up to $125.

S

smoke68_61

Junior Audioholic
Well 2 channel for now, but it's a 7.1 receiver

S

smoke68_61

Junior Audioholic
Very well and I like Klipsch. Believe us these are great for the price. Just don't get the Pioneer sub. You can check them out at Best Buy, just bring your own CD's.
I believe you guys... That why I'm in here asking you guys lol... Think I'm going to jump on them then.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Great I hope you get the 5.0 at least because the prices will jump up soon.

P

perpetualglass

Audioholic Intern
If you are still considering a 2.0 or 2.1 system, do not overlook the BIC DV64s, available at BestBuy.com for less than anywhere else that I've found.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis