superman180

superman180

Audioholic
I finally got my Receiver hooked up, I started by replacing all of the old cables with THX certified monster cables, now I have them routed and organized correctly. My first impression of this receiver is WOW! I started off by listening to the receiver with no adjustments made, ran it with out of the box settings and it sounded better than the onkyo I was replacing. I went thru the auto setup and what a breeze, I had to skip the wiring check because it detected my front and rear speakers out of phase and they were not, other than that everything went flawlessly. Watching movies has never sounded better. I will need to make some minor adjustments to get the sound to what I am looking for.

I am a little surprised at how high I need to turn the volume up to get it the same level of sound I was able to get out of the onkyo, I have had it to 0db, don't misconstrue what I am saying it is loud but that seems to be pretty close to max. On the Onkyo I could only turn the volume knob to just over the halfway point for the same level. I understand this is more than likely just the difference in the receiver volume control. Also I am not sure if the onkyo was reaching it’s max point without distorting, which may very well be the case, as I never went any higher. But for now with the room I am in it is plenty of power, when I get into a bigger theater room I am sure I will need to add an amp for the mains.

Over all my first impressions of this receiver are very good and I am happy with my choice. I would like to thank this site and all of their members for helping me make a decision. :D

M

Mega2000

Audioholic
You mind me asking where you got it and for how much. I am very close to getting a 2500

superman180

superman180

Audioholic
I opted to go to a local dealer (California Soundworks) for the manufactures warranty. I paid 958.00 out the door. :cool:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis