25% Discount at Deep Discount

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
Hi, for anyone needing some new blu rays or dvds, Deep Discount has their 25% off sale going on. I didn't see any super duper awesome deals, the best deals I've seen is the Life documentary for ~$36 on br, and Burn Notice Season 3 for ~$22...oh, and Fringe Season 1 on br for ~$28. I might have to order that one...anyway, not everything is included though, biggest exclusions seem to be animation, Monsters Inc, Ratatouille, etc.
http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

U

ufokillerz

Audioholic Intern
they have pretty bad reviews in general as well.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Damn, ufo, you're right. I never once looked at their resellerratings page, but they do have a horrible average. I will say that I've bought plenty of movies and shows from them without any major issues, just a few shipping delays here and there. If anybody is worried though they can always use a credit card so they can do a chargeback if there are any issues.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The problem is the shipping more than anything. They were much better previously but have been going down hill lately. Most expect their items to be shipped immediately, but it doesn't say that they will, nor do they have to. If you know what you are shopping for and don't mind waiting, they are fine. And by waiting, I mean it can take up to a month to get your items, depending on what they are. I don't shop with them anymore.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
I ordered Burn Notice S3 on Sunday the 6th, got the shipping notification yesterday, the 14th. We'll see how long it takes to arrive...

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My last order was split shipped. Two movies showed up in a few days and the other took 3 weeks. So it depends on what you order and their stocking of it, so YMMV.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
The problem is the shipping more than anything. They were much better previously but have been going down hill lately. Most expect their items to be shipped immediately, but it doesn't say that they will, nor do they have to. If you know what you are shopping for and don't mind waiting, they are fine. And by waiting, I mean it can take up to a month to get your items, depending on what they are. I don't shop with them anymore.
Wish I would have known that before I placed my order yesterday. I bought Appleseed, Terminator 3 and Logan's Run. I've only ordered from them once before and it did take a long time, but I'm not in a hurry for these 3 and I guess I can't really complain with a BD for $8 with free shipping.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Logan's Run = $9.99 at Frys. T3 = not worth buying. Appleseed = expensive everywhere so far.

I watched about half of Appleseed yesterday and it looks and sounds great but I am not a big fan of the "new" audio tracks they did. They sound great, but they changed some of the dialog yet again. The good news is the previous tracks (including multiple Japanese tracks) are on there, but they aren't remastered and don't sound as good.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Logan's Run = $9.99 at Frys. T3 = not worth buying. Appleseed = expensive everywhere so far.

I watched about half of Appleseed yesterday and it looks and sounds great but I am not a big fan of the "new" audio tracks they did. They sound great, but they changed some of the dialog yet again. The good news is the previous tracks (including multiple Japanese tracks) are on there, but they aren't remastered and don't sound as good.
Appleseed was $20 at Deep Discount. According to e-mail, they shipped my order yesterday, but since you can't get tracking information who knows if that's true or not.

Dammit, I need to stop assuming that all BD's have lossless audio!! I see that Appleseed still has the DTS audio track. :(

Last edited:
tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Dammit, I need to stop assuming that all BD's have lossless audio!! I see that Appleseed still has the DTS audio track. :(
Yep, I almost made that mistake when I grabbed a couple of BDs from DDDVD recently. I picked up 'Silence Of The Lambs' and 'Terminator Salvation' and considered grabbing the more recent version of The Manchurian Candidate', but noticed on blu-ray.com, it listed the soundtrack as 5.1.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't include a lossless audio track on any BDs manufactured. If you're going to get an upgrade in video quality, why the h*ll can't they include an upgrade in audio as well? :mad:

BTW, SOTL took a total of 10 days from when it was supposedly shipped until it appeared in my mailbox, YMMV... -TD

<br>

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My friend said it not good.
It is a very good film. The audio tracks are improved over the DVD. Both the new DTS and DD tracks are high bitrate, but they are not lossless though. That is only part of the problem - they improved the tracks compared to the DVD but also changed some of the dialog and I wasn't impressed with what they changed. I don't know if it is a more true translation or not, but I liked the original dub. (I have the limited edition tin case SDDVD)

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
Just got my BD's today. That's actually pretty quick. I guess I can't complain about their slow shipping anymore. :D

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I'm still waiting on my copy of Terminator Salvation... they said it shipped on 6/11 with free 5 - 10 business day shipping, and I've still not received it, but it's not been 10 business days yet, although I still feel I should have it by now. I guess I can't complian too much though for $6.25 shipped.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Same here, my was shipped on the 12th, so I imagine it should be sometime this week along with yours.

Yeah, don't feel I can complain too much either considering the price and the fact that I've already seen it, I'm just waiting to get it at this point... -TD

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
It is a very good film. The audio tracks are improved over the DVD. Both the new DTS and DD tracks are high bitrate, but they are not lossless though.
I guess that confirms what I heard last night. I compared it to the DVD and it did indeed sound better to me, which I found strange since it's still a regular DTS track. I thought maybe it was just the placebo effect, but I guess not.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
No tracking was one of the things that bugged me about DD, but my stuff always showed up.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
I'm still waiting on my copy of Terminator Salvation... they said it shipped on 6/11 with free 5 - 10 business day shipping, and I've still not received it, but it's not been 10 business days yet, although I still feel I should have it by now. I guess I can't complian too much though for $6.25 shipped.
I guess I don't need to worry yet then, my order was shipped on the 14th and hasn't shown up yet- I've been looking for it though.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I wouldn't worry yet... mine didn't come yesterday either, I'm hoping it will be here today though.

A

armaraas

Full Audioholic
My order arrived yesterday, 2 weeks after shipping.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis