230v 50hz bluetooth portable speaker

D

Dshout

Audiophyte
Hi need your views on this dilemna

I recently bought an addon t3 bluetooth portable speaker. Power supply is rated 230v 50hz. Works fine here in NZ as it is same power supply.
But will it work just fine and no issue if I take it and use it in a country where power supply is 220v and 60hz, for my next holiday?
Great speaker by the way...

Thanks in advance..

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.

I recently bought an addon t3 bluetooth portable speaker. Power supply is rated 230v 50hz. Works fine here in NZ as it is same power supply.
But will it work just fine and no issue if I take it and use it in a country where power supply is 220v and 60hz, for my next holiday?

Thanks in advance..
Which country?

NZ is like the UK with a live and neutral. A lot of 220 volt countries do not have a neutral, but are two phase 220 volt. If it is one of those countries the answer is no and you could get a bad electric shock.

highfigh

highfigh

Thanks in advance..
Contact the manufacturer and see if they offer it in the country where you'll be on holiday- you may be able to buy a power supply adapter

D

Dshout

Audiophyte
Which country?

NZ is like the UK with a live and neutral. A lot of 220 volt countries do not have a neutral, but are two phase 220 volt. If it is one of those countries the answer is no and you could get a bad electric shock.
Thanks heaps. Im.going on a holiday in Philippined

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
The manual is very specific about power being 230v/50hz. This is extremely unusual as almost all power supplies these days are built around international usage. They apparently make different models for different parts of the world.

https://www.audiopro.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/AudioPro-T3-usermanual_SE_EN_DE-NL_FR_ES_IT_FI.pdf

If you have a question about this product to that detail of level and are wondering, then you should contact them directly through customer support and ask them about international usage. But, from the manual, this product doesn't look like it was designed for use anywhere other than countries with 230v/50hz power. So, you would need an active power converter.

D

Dshout

Audiophyte
The manual is very specific about power being 230v/50hz. This is extremely unusual as almost all power supplies these days are built around international usage. They apparently make different models for different parts

If you have a question about this product to that detail of level and are wondering, then you should contact them directly through customer support and ask them about international usage. But, from the manual, this product doesn't look like it was designed for use anywhere other than countries with 230v/50hz power. So, you would need an active power converter.

Thanks BMXTRIX.. do you have any links to a site that sells active power converter for use in households? Or what it looks like.. many thanks again....
The manual is very specific about power being 230v/50hz. This is extremely unusual as almost all power supplies these days are built around international usage. They apparently make different models for different parts of the world.

Thanks BMXTRIX.. do you have any links to a site that sells active power converter for use in households? Or what it looks like.. many thanks again....

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Thanks heaps. Im.going on a holiday in Philippined
I know for certain the Philippines use 220 two phase no neutral. You can not use that speaker in the Philippines.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
So, digging a bit, it says online that you shouldn't have to worry about the voltage, as this is within the normal tolerance range for counties. 210v-230v should be fine. I'm not sure I believe it, of course. So, that's why I would contact the manufacturer.

Voltage converters look like the ones offered up on Amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=voltage+converters+for+international+travel+230v+to+220v&ref=nb_sb_noss

These are all Amazon USA, so they mostly convert 220v down to 110v.

I will say it again - contact the manufacturer to see if you actually need a voltage converter, or merely a plug adapter for your device.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

So, digging a bit, it says online that you shouldn't have to worry about the voltage, as this is within the normal tolerance range for counties. 210v-230v should be fine. I'm not sure I believe it, of course. So, that's why I would contact the manufacturer.

Voltage converters look like the ones offered up on Amazon...
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=voltage+converters+for+international+travel+230v+to+220v&ref=nb_sb_noss

These are all Amazon USA, so they mostly convert 220v down to 110v.

I will say it again - contact the manufacturer to see if you actually need a voltage converter, or merely a plug adapter for your device.
The issue is NOT the voltage and cycles. It is the way the supply is figured there. In NZ the neutral is at ground potential like here. In the Philippines there is NO neutral. Both lines are live at 110 volts 180 degrees out of phase. So he absolutely could not use his unit there, unless he had a unit that converted it to single phase and a neutral. That is why they tell you not to use it on 220 volts. Most 220 volt countries are like I have just described. So you have to watch out.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I gotta say that I don't completely get it as almost all reading I'm seeing says that there is no issue using USA stuff in the Philippines as long as it is 110-240v rated. But, that's like the power supply which can handle it just fine. I don't see any active power transformers which seem appropriate online either, but that's probably because I'm looking at the US version of Amazon.

I would think there would be an active transformer which could handle things and be appropriate, but I don't get how they are doing power there. Not that I really need to understand it I suppose unless I decide to go there someday.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis